Work ethic is as important as skills that help you excel at work and in business. Whether you’re an entrepreneur, employee, or student; if you’re honest with yourself and do the work rightfully even no one is watching, you’ll definitely enjoy the success. In this article, I’ll share some of the best quotes on work ethic and integrity that’ll boost your productivity at the workplace.
Top 21 Work Ethic and Integrity Quotes by Successful People
1. “Developing a good work ethic is key. Apply yourself at whatever you do, whether you’re a janitor or taking your first summer job because that work ethic will be reflected in everything you do in life.” – Tyler Perry
2. “Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody’s going to know whether you did it or not.” – Oprah Winfrey
3. “Our deeds determine us, as much as we determine our deeds.” – George Eliot
4. “To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity.” – Donald Adams
5. “People with integrity do what they say they are going to do. Others have excuses.” – Dr. Laura Schlessinger
6. “If you believe in unlimited quality and act in all your business dealings with total integrity, the rest will take care of itself.” – Frank Perdue
7. When you are able to maintain your own highest standards of integrity – regardless of what others may do – you are destined for greatness. – Napoleon Hill
8. “It takes courage to “join soul and role” in organizations that make it unsafe to show up with integrity and act in alignment with it. But when we find that courage, our lives become more whole, our work reaches deeper, the people we serve are better served, and, in ways large and small, the world becomes a better place.” – Parker J. Palmer
9. “We look for three things when we hire people. We look for intelligence, we look for initiative or energy, and we look for integrity. And if they don’t have the latter, the first two will kill you, because if you’re going to get someone without integrity, you want them lazy and dumb.” – Warren Buffet
10. “With integrity, you have nothing to fear, since you have nothing to hide. With integrity, you will do the right thing, so you will have no guilt.” ― Zig Ziglar
11. “Don’t be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves.” – William Patten
12. “Our core values and business ethics will always be paramount in all that we do, and we are always looking to do the right thing and settle claims fairly and accurately.” – Tricia Griffith.
13. “A man is truly ethical only when he obeys the compulsion to help all life which he is able to assist, and shrinks from injuring anything that lives.” – Albert Schweitzer.
14. “Keep true, never be ashamed of doing right; decide on what you think is right and stick to it.”- George Eliot.
15. “Ethics or simple honesty is the building blocks upon which our whole society is based, and business is a part of our society, and it’s integral to the practice of being able to conduct business, that you have a set of honest standards.” – Kerry Stokes.
16. “The strongest thing that any human being has going for itself is its own integrity and its own heart. As soon as you start veering away from that, the solidity that you need to stand up for what you believe in, just isn’t going to be there.” – Herbie Hancock
17. “Six essential qualities that are the key to success include sincerity, personal integrity, humility, courtesy, wisdom, and charity.” – Dr. William Menninger
18. I never feared my skills because I put in the work. Work ethic eliminates fear. So if you put forth the work, what are you fearing? You know what you’re capable of doing and what you’re not.- Michael Jordan
19. Trying hard and working hard is its own reward. It feeds the soul. It affirms your will and your power. And it radiates from you, lighting the way for all those who see you. – Charles M. Blow
20. Work ethic is important because, unlike intelligence, athleticism, charisma, or any other natural attribute, it’s a choice. – Mike Rowe
21. “There are seven things that will destroy us: Wealth without work; Pleasure without conscience; Knowledge without character; Religion without sacrifice; Politics without principle; Science without humanity; Business without ethics.” — Mahatma Gandhi