Here’s a collection of inspiring respect and self-respect quotes.
- Self-Respect Quotes
- Best Respect Sayings
- Self-Respect Quotes For Women
- Respect To others Quotes
- Respect Quotes For Work
- Respect Quotes About Relationship
- Quotes About Respecting Others
- Quotes About Respecting Elders
- Inspirational Respect Yourself Quotes
Respect Quote of the Day – “Treat people the way you want to be treated. Talk to people the way you want to be talked to. Respect is earned, not given.” Hussein Nishah
- “Respect yourself and others will respect you.” – Confucius
- “If we lose love and self-respect for each other, this is how we finally die.” – Maya Angelou
- “There is no respect for others without humility in one’s self.” – Henri Amiel
- “I cannot conceive of a greater loss than the loss of one’s self-respect.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “One of the surprising things in this world is the respect a worthless man has for himself.” –E. W. Howe
- “Football is like life – it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.” – Vince Lombardi
- “There are lots of people I admire and respect, but I don’t necessarily want to be like them. I’m too happy being myself.” – James D’arcy
- “No boundary off area surrounds the heart of a person that lost their self and others.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “Perhaps the surest test of an individual’s integrity is his refusal to do or say anything that would damage his self-respect.” – Thomas S. Monson
- “I would rather be alone with dignity than in a relationship that requires me to sacrifice my self-respect.” – Mandy Hale
- When someone treats you like an option, help them narrow their choices by removing yourself from the equation. It’s that simple.” – Robert Tew
- Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” – M. Scott Peck
- Once you feel you are avoided by someone, never disturb them again.” – Unknown
- Do not compare yourself to others. If you do so, you are insulting yourself.” – Adolf H
- Be you. The world will adjust.” – Unknown
- Everyone’s a Star and deserves the right to Twinkle.” – Unknown
- Self-respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self.” – Unknown
- Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself.” – Abraham Joshua Heschel
- Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.” – Bruce Lee
- Ego vs Confidence, Ego is false confidence, self-respect is true confidence.” – Naval Ravikant
Powerful Respect Quotes
- Respect is not imposed nor begged. It’s earned and offered.
- A human being is not to be handled as a tool but is to be respected and revered. – Felix Adler
- “Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.” Albert Einstein
- “Respect is a two-way street, if you want to get it, you’ve got to give it.” R.G. Risch
- “I firmly believe that respect is a lot more important, and a lot greater, than popularity.” Julius Erving
- “Never respect men merely for their riches, but rather for their philanthropy; we do not value the sun for its height, but for its use.” Gamaliel Bailey
- The whole concept of treating people with dignity and respect is a concept that isn’t a business concept, it’s a life concept. It’s who you are at the end of the day. Greg Brenneman
- Humans are ambitious and rational and proud. And we don’t fall in line with people who don’t respect us and who we don’t believe have our best interests at heart. We are willing to follow leaders, but only to the extent that we believe they call on our best, not our worst. Rachel Maddow
- “If I made a commitment, I stood by that commitment – and try to make it real. Because when you become leaders, the most important thing you have is your word, your trust. That’s where respect comes from.” — Michelle Obama
- It is the highest form of self-respect to admit our errors and mistakes and make amends for them. To make a mistake is only an error in judgement, but to adhere to it when it is discovered shows infirmity of character. – Dale Turner
Self-Respect Quotes For Women
- A self-respecting woman is like the Sword in the stone, only a very special man can pull her.
- “I guess at the end of the day, all women like to be appreciated and treated with respect and kindness.” Sofia Vergara
- If you don’t respect her, you obviously don’t deserve her.
- She is a Woman, she is a Mother, she is a Daughter, she is a Wife, she is a Sister. Respect Female.
- It’s a man’s job to respect women, but it’s a women’s job to give him something to respect.
- A woman brought you into this world, so you have no right to disrespect one.
- A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her.
- She is not just a housewife who cooks your meals and washes your clothes. She is a homemaker who holds together the family and makes sure that everything is as perfect as it can be once you get home.
- Nothing is stronger than a woman who is fighting for what she believes in.
- A woman’s strength cannot be seen with the naked eye. It can only be felt when times get rough and she is the only one left standing.
- If you want to be treated like a king, then treat your woman like a queen.
- When she is happy, she is the wind that keeps me safe and comfortable. However, when she is mad, she is the storm that can destroy everything that is in her path.
- Treat a woman right and you will be treated right in return.
- Respect is earned, not given. Deserved, not inherited.
- The most beautiful thing a woman can wear is confidence.
- Girls want attention, Women want respect.
- If they don’t respect, appreciate and value you, then they don’t deserve you.
- A woman wants a man to protect her like a daughter, love her like a wife and respect her as a mother.
- Respect for women is one of the greatest gifts a father can show a son.
- It’s a man’s job to respect women, but it’s a women’s job to give him something to respect.
Respect To others Quotes
- “When we treat people merely as they are, they will remain as they are. When we treat them as if they were what they should be, they will become what they should be.” Thomas S. Monson
- “Respect other people’s feelings. It might mean nothing to you, but it could mean everything to them.” Roy T. Bennett
- “He who loves others is constantly loved by them. He who respects others is constantly respected by them.” Mencius
- “You should respect each other and refrain from disputes; you should not, like water and oil, repel each other, but should, like milk and water, mingle together.” Buddha
- “When you practice gratefulness, there is a sense of respect for others.”Dalai Lama
- “We don’t need to share the same opinions as others, but we need to be respectful.” Taylor Swift
- “Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guides our manners.” Laurence Sterne
- “We should all consider each other as human beings, and we should respect each other.” Malala Yousafzai
- Respect other people regardless of the level they are at… or the level you are at. When you hand out respect, you get it back. Erik Estrada
- ”Every human being, of whatever origin, of whatever station, deserves respect. We must each respect others even as we respect ourselves.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Respect Quotes For Work
- If you don’t feel respected, you won’t be engaged in your work. Linda Hill
- Without self-knowledge, without understanding the working and functions of his machine, man cannot be free, he cannot govern himself and he will always remain a slave. G.I. Gurdjieff
- My approach is that you have to earn the respect of the people you work with. Mark Pincus
- Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal, and help one another achieve respect. Don’t use destructive lies, unfounded fears, or debilitating anger.” – Bill Bradley
- Leaders who win the respect of others are the ones who deliver more than they promise—not the ones who promise more than they can deliver.” – Mark A. Clement
- ”If you have some respect for people as they are, you can be more effective in helping them to become better than they are.” – John W. Gardner
- “Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that’s real power.” – Clint Eastwood
- ”When people honour each other, there is a trust established that leads to synergy, interdependence, and deep respect. Both parties make decisions and choices based on what is right, what is best, and what is valued most highly.” – Blaine Lee
- “I must respect the opinions of others even if I disagree with them.” – Herbert H. Lehman
- “If you have some respect for people as they are, you can be more effective in helping them to become better than they are.” – John W. Gardner
Respect Relationship Quotes
- “In finding love, I think it’s important to be patient. In being in a relationship, I think it’s important, to be honest, to communicate, to respect and trust, and to strive to give more than you take.” Kina Grannis
- “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life.” Richard Bach
- The reason why there are always arguments and misunderstandings is because of the lack of respect with each other. Learn to respect other’s opinions and feelings so that we can avoid these things.
- Real love is not based on romance, candlelight dinner. It is based on respect, compromise, care and trust!!
- Never above you. Never below you. Always beside you. Is the way to build a relationship!
- Never waste your feelings on people who don’t value them.
- “Most good relationships are built on mutual trust and respect.” – Mona Sutphen
- Treat everyone with kindness and respect, even those who are rude to you, not because they are nice, because you are!!
- A great relationship is about two things first, find out the similarities, second respect the differences.
- Respect those who talk to you in their free time, But love those who free their time to talk to you.
- Respect people’s feelings even if it doesn’t mean anything to you, it could mean everything to them.
- Respect is as important as love in a relationship!!
- Respect people who find time for you in their busy schedule. But love people who never look at their schedule when you need them.
- Love and respects are the most important aspects of parenting and of all relationships.
- Long-distance relationship will work if two people involve are strong in faith, love and respect for each other.
Quotes About Respecting Others
- “Treat people the way you want to be treated. Talk to people the way you want to be talked to. Respect is earned, not given.” Hussein Nishah
- “It is my goal to love everyone. I hate no one. Regardless of their race, religion, their proclivities, the desire of their heart and how they want to live their lives and the decisions that they make. I can even respect people’s decisions and lifestyle choices just as I hope they have the courtesy to respect my decisions and my choices.”Kirk Cameron
- “Responsibility and respect of others and their religious beliefs are also part of freedom.”Horst Koehler
- “Have a big enough heart to love unconditionally, and a broad enough mind to embrace the differences that make each of us unique.” D.B. Harrop
- “It takes no compromising to give people their rights. It takes no money to respect the individual. It takes no survey to remove repressions.” Harvey Milk
- “Someone once told me that if you respect a person, listen to their opinion. And if you do not respect someone, then do not listen to their opinion. And that works both ways.” Maisie Williams
- “Never judge someone by the way he looks or a book, by the way, it’s covered; for inside those tattered pages, there’s a lot to be discovered.” – Stephen Cosgrove
- “We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Respect is an invention of people who want to cover up the empty place where love should be.”– Leo Tolstoy
- “Be kind, don’t judge, and have respect for others. If we can all do this, the world would be a better place. The point is to teach this to the next generation.” – Jasmine Guinness
Respect Elders Quotes
- Extend your commitment to your family members. Have respect for elders and be nice to them. They are your soft pillow.
- Treat your parents and elders the way you want to be treated by our children later in life.
- As human beings, we value the experience that comes with age. We are reminded over and over again with statements like ‘older and wiser’ and ‘respect your elders,’ promoting age as something to be cherished and respected.
- When your elders are millennia-old demigods, you’d best take the injunction to respect your elders seriously.
- “The Elders were closer to the Maker of All Things and should be deferred to whenever they made their will known.”
- “Respect the young and chastise your elders. It’s about time the world was set aright.”
- “The fact that social media has levelled the playing field doesn’t offer you the right to disrespect the elderly”― Bernard Kelvin Clive
- “One of the things I enjoy about being young is learning from my elders without them giving direct advice.” ― Unarine Ramaru
- A youth, when at home, should be filial and, abroad, respectful to his elders. He should be earnest and truthful. He should overflow in love to all and cultivate the friendship of the good. When he has time and opportunity, after the performance of these things, he should employ them in polite studies. Confucius
- I came back from Standing Rock, and one of the things that struck me was their respect for elders. It was something that I felt like I needed to work on in my life. Kerby Jean-Raymond
Inspirational Respect Yourself Quotes
- “If you want to be respected by others, the great thing is to respect yourself. Only by that, only by self-respect will you compel others to respect you.” Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- “Above all, don’t lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love.” Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- “Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that’s real power.” Clint Eastwood
- “I have no right, by anything I do or say, to demean a human being in his own eyes. What matters is not what I think of him; it is what he thinks of himself. To undermine a man’s self-respect is a sin.”Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- “There can be no failure to a man who has not lost his courage, his character, his self-respect, or his self-confidence. He is still a King.”Orison Swett Marden
- “It is time to return to core values, time to get back to basics, to self-discipline and respect for the law, to consideration for the others, to accepting responsibility for yourself and your family – and not shuffling it off on other people and the state.”John Major
- “True humility is intelligent self-respect which keeps us from thinking too highly or too meanly of ourselves. It makes us modest by reminding us how far we have come short of what we can be.”Ralph W. Sockman
- Our self-respect tracks our choices. Every time we act in harmony with our authentic self and heart, we earn our respect. It is that simple. Every choice matters.
- “There are lots of people I admire and respect, but I don’t necessarily want to be like them. I’m too happy being myself.” James D’arcy
- If we can respect the divine within us, if we can treat it with dignity, then we can respect others around us.” –Vishwas Chavan
I hope you enjoy this collection of quotes on respect and self-respect. What’s your favorite pic!
I’m Murshid Akram, a introvert who love reading and sharing positive vibes through quotes and sayings. I believe with love and compassion we can make this world a better place.