Expectations do not always hurt, but when our expectations don’t meet with the reality we get hurt. In other words, expectations are not what hurts, it is the unfulfilled expectations that hurt most of us. In this article, I’ve shared expectation hurts quotes with images that will tell you the reality of expectations and life.
- Expectation Hurts Quotes with Images (1-20)
- Short quotes about expectation always get hurt (21-32)
Expectation Hurts Quotes with Images
1. “Rejection doesn’t hurt, expectation does. Lying doesn’t kill, denial does. Forgetting doesn’t heal, forgiveness does.”
2. “A life that is burdened with expectations is a heavy life. Its fruit is sorrow and disappointment.” –Douglas Adams
3. Expectations are not always painful, expecting from wrong peoples is what hurts the most, expecting from the person who doesn’t care about you that’s painful.
4. “Today expect something good to happen to you no
5. “I know not anything more pleasant, or more instructive than to compare the experience with expectation, or to register from time to time the difference between idea and reality. It is by this kind of observation that we grow daily less liable to be disappointed.” –Johnson Quotes
6. “The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem.” –Theodore Rubin
7. When you place an expectation on yourself means you have laid out an expected reality in your mind which is expected to be achieved in a set amount of time. And attaining a certain goal or fulfilling a self-set expectation requires you to behave and act in accordance with that which helps you fulfil the expectation. But, when the reality of your own behaviour falls short of your standards, your expectations will not match the reality of the world. Then you become upset, drown ourselves in self-loathing, shame and guilt. (Why do expectations hurt and how can we deal with them)
8. A life that is burdened with expectations is a heavy life. Its fruit is sorrow and disappointment. –Douglas Adams
9. “Expectations were like fine pottery. The harder you held them, the more likely they were to crack.” -Brandon Sanderson
10. “That was the thing about the world: it wasn’t that things were harder than you thought they were going to be, it was that they were hard in ways that you didn’t expect.” –Lev Grossman
You may also like: Quotes About Focus That Will Boost Your Concentration
11. “To be brave is to love someone unconditionally, without expecting anything in return. To just give. That takes courage because we don’t want to fall on our faces or leave ourselves open to hurt.” –Madonna
12. “Expectation is a powerful attractive force. When you tend to idealize people, and can be disappointed when reality fails to fulfil your expectations then you get hurt.”
13. “The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem.” –Theodore Rubin
14. “Whatever happens in the world is real, what one thinks should have happened is projection. We suffer more from our fictitious illusion and expectations of reality.” –Jacque Fresco
15. When you expect something from others, you feel like whatever you expect, should happen. But the person you are expecting from do not know what your expectations are and they will behave in the same way they do with you every day. Finally, this hurts you and may move you into depression.
16. Be it a relationship, you expect her to do things you like, you expect her to gift you something on your birthday, you expect a lot of things and when that doesn’t happen, you get hurt, you feel.
17. The expectation that goes unsatisfied is always painful!! One big reason is that you are dependent(be it a person or a thing). The dependency will ultimately tend to built-in more expectations.
18. “Expectations are always painful because expectations lead to disappointment when the expected thing doesn’t happen.”
19. “When the all too human performance of other people falls short of our own expectations, as will inevitably happen from time to time, we’ll feel bitter and self-righteous.”
20. I did what I came here to do. What I’ve done I’ve done with sincerity and to the best of my ability. You can’t expect much more from life.” –Bruce Lee
You may also like: 30+ Best Short Quotes about the strength with images
Short quotes about expectation always get hurt
21. “Expectations are not what hurts, it is the unfulfilled expectations that hurt most of us.”
22. “Expectation is the mother of all frustration.” -Antonio Banderas
23. “Anger always comes from frustrated expectations” -Elliott Larson
24. “Expect much from yourself and little from others and you will avoid incurring resentments.” –Confucius
25. “Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.” Charlotte Bronte
26. “Expectations are premeditated resentments.”
27. “Expections in itself does not hurt but failing in meeting the expectations always hurt.”
28. “Less expectation, less hurt.”
29. “Unhappiness lies in that gap between our talents and our expectations.” -Sebastian Horsley
30. “Anyone who loves in the expectation of being loved in return is wasting their time.” –Paulo Coelho
31. “We love to expect, and when the expectation is either disappointed or gratified, we want to be again expecting.” –Johnson Quotes
32. “If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome.” -Michael Jordan