A white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over a white. If we want a peaceful world we must stop racial injustice. There are plenty of quotes and sayings about stop racism and anti-racism and in this post, I’m going to share the best ones with you. So don’t forget to share with everyone. I, you and we together can change the mindset of sick minded people.
We must contribute to stopping racism and racial injustice as much as we can and in as many ways as possible. Along with the anti-racism quotes I’ve also shared some images quotes so that you can share if you like.
Anti Racism Quotes Images
1. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” –Barack Obama (44th president of the United States from 2009 to 2017)
2. There is no such thing as race. None. There is just a human race — scientifically, anthropologically. -Toni Morrison (An American novelist, essayist, book editor, and college professor)
3. “The beauty of anti-racism is that you don’t have to pretend to be free of racism to be anti-racist. Anti-racism is the commitment to fight racism wherever you find it, including in yourself. And it’s the only way forward.” – Ijoema Oluo (Nigerian-American writer)
4. “It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences.” – Audre Lorde (American writer, feminist, womanist, librarian, and civil rights activist.)
5. “Ours is not the struggle of one day, one week, or one year. Ours is not the struggle of one judicial appointment or presidential term. Ours is the struggle of a lifetime, or maybe even many lifetimes, and each one of us in every generation must do our part.” – John Lewis (American statesman and civil rights leader)
6. “I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word”. – Martin Luther King Jr. (Martin Luther quotes on Racism)
7. “Defeating racism, tribalism, intolerance and all forms of discrimination will liberate us all, victim and perpetrator alike.” –Ban Ki-moon (South Korean politician and diploma)
8. “Racism is man’s gravest threat to man – the maximum of hatred for a minimum of reason.” – Abraham Heschel (Jewish theologians and Jewish philosophers)
9. Excellence is the best deterrent to racism or sexism. -Oprah Winfrey ( American talk show host, television producer, actress, author, and philanthropist)
10. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” –Martin Luther King, Jr. (Social activist and Baptist minister who played a key role in the American civil rights movement) Martin Luther quotes on Racism.
You May Also Like: 75 Democracy Slogans and Independence Quotes
11. To be anti-racist, one must actively work to create anti-racist policies. One must engage the world seeing all racial groups as equals and intentionally promote equity.
12. The problem with systemic racism is that it is all around us. We are born into it. It is deeply embedded in our culture and our communities including our schools, the justice system, the government, and hospitals. It is so pervasive that people often don’t even notice how policies, institutions, and systems disproportionately favour some while disadvantaging others. –Very Well Mind
13. It is important to remember that anti-racism is not a one-time or occasional action. It’s a lifelong commitment to fighting for racial equality and justice.
14. Anti-racism is a way of life. Like starting any new habit, anti-racism requires a conscious decision to pursue it as a goal and way of being. Intention brings mindful presence and awareness to what we say and what we do.
15. Anti-racism requires reflection and action. It involves looking not only at your own beliefs and behaviours, but also fighting racism on the interpersonal, institutional, and structural levels. Being anti-racist may be a conscious option to make choices and have interaction in actions that support equality.
More Quotes on Anti-racism and Racial Injustice
16. It is the casual, insidious forms of racism that people are often blind to that play such a pivotal role in upholding racism. People don’t see it because these attitudes are often so deeply ingrained that it takes the ability to be deeply self-critical to examine and challenge those attitudes.
17. To be anti-racist, you have to sit with the discomfort and put courage, compassion, and vulnerability over comfort. Cultivating an anti-racist mindfulness practice is essential to doing and sustaining this work.
18. Listen to what racial justice advocates have to say about racist behaviours and policies. Remember that just because you have never experienced or witnessed these things doesn’t mean that they don’t happen. Reflect on things you may have done or believed that might have been rooted in racism. –Very Well Mind
19. Anti-racism also involves working to understand how race and racism affect people. Research has shown that racism has wide-reaching negative effects on individuals, families, communities, and entire societies. Racism has an impact in areas you may not have considered including healthcare, education, employment, and housing. -very well Mind
20. “Violence as a way of achieving racial justice is both impractical and immoral.
It is impractical because it is a descending spiral ending in destruction for all. It is immoral because it seeks to humiliate the opponent rather than win his understanding; it seeks to annihilate rather than to convert. Violence is immoral because it thrives on hatred rather than love.” –Martin Luther King, Jr.
You May Also Like: Top 28 Fraternity Quotes and Sayings of All Time
21. An anti-racist is “one who is supporting an anti-racist policy through their actions or expressing an anti-racist idea.
22. The beauty of anti-racism is that you don’t have to pretend to be free of racism to be an anti-racist. Anti-racism is the commitment to fight racism wherever you find it, including in yourself. And it’s the only way forward.
- What Is Anti-Racism? (Very Well Mind)
- 10 Keys to Everyday Anti-Racism (Greater Good)
- 10 Quotes on Racial Injustice (Human Rights Careers)