Enjoy and share inspirational quotes about selflessness, selflessness quotes, motivational quotes on selflessness and giving. Selflessness quotes about love and relationships, selfless service quotes.
Best Quotes About Selflessness
1. “We are formed and molded by our thoughts. Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act.” ~ Gautama Buddha
2. “For your kindness, I’m in debt to you. For your selflessness, my admiration.” ~ Natalie Merchant
3. “True love blooms when we care more about another person than we care about ourselves. That is Christ’s great atoning example for us, and it ought to be more evident in the kindness we show, the respect we give, and the selflessness and courtesy we employ in our personal relationships.” ~ Jeffrey R. Holland
4. ” With faith, discipline and selfless devotion to duty, there is nothing worthwhile that you cannot achieve.” ~ Muhammad Ali Jinnah
5. “If selfishness is the key to being miserable, then selflessness must be the key to being happy!” ~ Joyce Meyer
6. “Selflessness. Humility. Truthfulness. These are the three marks of an honorable man.” ~ Suzy Kassem
8. “Desire is the root of selfishness; clear your heart of desire and be selfless. Selflessness is the key to inner peace.” ~ Christofer Drew
9. “Your determination, selflessness and courage have brought the freedom struggletowards its fulfillment.” ~ Gerry Adams
10. “Through selfless work, love of God grows in the heart. Then through his grace one realize him in course of time. God can be seen. One can talk to him as I am talking to you.” ~ Ramakrishna
11. “Recognizing truth requires selflessness. You have to leave yourself out of it so you can find out the way things are in themselves, not the way they look to you or how you feel about them or how you would like them to be.” ~ Harry Frankfurt
12. “Our practice should be based on the ideal of selflessness. Selflessness is very difficult to understand. If you try to be selfless, that is already a selfish idea. Selflessness will be there when you do not try anything.” ~ Shunryu Suzuki
13. “A good man will never harm or oppress another. A good man will share his last morsel of food with others in need, and die of hunger when he no longer has any food — instead of cheat or steal from others to survive. Selflessness. Humility. Truthfulness. These are the three marks of an honorable man.” ~ Suzy Kassem
14. “Selflessness. It should be the basis of every relationship. If a person truly cares about you, they’ll get more pleasure from the way they make you feel, rather than the way you make them feel.” ― Colleen Hoover
15. “Love” is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own…Jealousy is a disease, love is a healthy condition. The immature mind often mistakes one for the other or assumes that the greater the love, the greater the jealousy” ― Robert Heinlein
16. “One of the most important things you can do on this earth is to let people know they are not alone.” ― Shannon L. Alder
17. “Selflessness. Humility. Truthfulness. These are the three marks of an honorable man.”
18. “Real education should educate us out of self into something far finer; into a selflessness which links us with all humanity.”
19. “A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.” __James Keller
20. “Learn to love without condition. Talk without bad intention. Give without any reason. And most of all, care for people without any exception.” __Anonymous
21. “There is nothing more beautiful than someone who goes out of their way to make life beautiful for others.” __Mandy Hale
Quotes about Selflessness
22. “Helping one person might not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.” __Anonymous
23. “Selfless service alone gives the needed strength and courage to awaken the sleeping humanity in one’s heart.” __Sai Baba
24. “A gentleman is one who puts more into the world than he takes out.” __Bernard Shaw
25. “Desire is the root of selfishness; clear your heart of desire and be selfless. Selflessness is the key to inner peace.” __Christofer Drew
26. “True leaders are selfless. They have always been servants of the people first.” _Anonymous
27. “Only those who have learned the power of sincere and selfless contribution experience life’s deepest joy: true fulfilment.” _Tony Robbins
28. “A hero is somebody who is selfless. Who is generous in spirit. Who just tries to give back as much as possible and help people. A hero to me is someone who saves people and who really deeply cares.” _Debi Mazar
29. “Loving someone selflessly would mean sharing their happiness whether you are part of that happiness or not.” ― sandhya jane
30. “The only thing unqualifiedly good in this world is a good will – the will to follow the moral law, regardless of profit or loss for ourselves.
31. Never mind your happiness; do your duty. Let us seek happiness in others; but for ourselves, perfection – whether it brings us happiness or pain.”
32. “Morality is not properly the doctrine of how we may make ourselves happy, but how we may make ourselves worthy of happiness.”
33. In the world of I, me and myself, the most needed thing is the selflessness. To make the world a better place, a place where loyal exists you must be a selfless person. _Murshid Akram
34. “Life is not about how much you acquire it is about how much you are prepared to give away.”― R.Patient
Quotes on Selflessness
35. “A good man would never harm or oppress another. A good man would share his last morsel of food with others in need, and die of hunger when he no longer has any food — instead of cheat or steal from others to survive. Selflessness. Humility. Truthfulness. These are the three marks of an honourable man.” ― Suzy Kassem
36. “If you wanna eat, you gotta serve someone else first.” ― Rob Liano
37. “Love cannot exist when there is a self. Love is boundless. It is selfless, and therefore it exists beyond the confines and limitations of the self. Love is much more than a word: It is an immeasurable force that only exists when there is no division when one is whole.” ―Nicholas Blewett,
38. “Those who have to deny the self to serve others, can never be selfless, and those who are selfless need not deny the self.” ―Abhijit Naskar
39. “Sin and love are exact opposites. Love is benefiting others at the expense of yourself. Sin is benefiting yourself at the expense of others. Sin is selfishness; love is selflessness.” ―Frank Viola,
40. “It is easy enough to be friendly to one’s friends. But to befriend the one who regards himself as your enemy is the quintessence of true religion. The other is mere business.” _Mahatma Gandhi
41. “Love seeks one thing only: the good of the one loved. It leaves all the other secondary effects to take care of themselves. Love, therefore, is its own reward.” __Thomas Merton
42. “A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.” __Ayn Rand
43. “When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.” __Helen Keller
44. “The men in the steel industry who sacrificed their all were nor merely aiding their fellows at home but were adding strength to the cause of their comrades in all industry.” _John L. Lewis
45. “When two people love each other, they don’t look at each other, they look in the same direction.” _Ginger Rogers
46. “Even if I died in the service of the nation, I would be proud of it. Every drop of my blood… will contribute to the growth of this nation and make it strong and dynamic.” _Indira Gandhi
47. “To be successful you have to be selfish, or else you never achieve. And once you get to your highest level, then you have to be unselfish. Stay reachable. Stay in touch. Don’t isolate.” _Michael Jordan
48. “Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness.” _Napolean Hill
49. “In my early professionals years, I was asking the question: How can I treat, or cure, or change this person? Now I would phrase the question in this way: How can I provide a relationship which this person may use for his own personal growth.” _Carl Rogers
50. “Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, “What’s in it for me?” _Brian Tracy
51. “This is the miracle that happens every time to those who really love: the more they give, the more they possess.” _Rainer Maria Rilke
52. “Find out how much God has given you and from it take what you need; the remainder is needed by others.” _Saint Augustine
Motivational quotes on selflessness and giving
53. “True givers do not often remember the goodness they did to others because it is stamped on their intuition, not their brain. It is only intuitively recalled when the author needs it to advance his cause.”
54. “Always render more and better service than is expected of you, no matter what your task maybe.” __Og Mandino
55. “I’ve never done work for money ever. If your choices are based on grosses and the film doesn’t do well, what does that mean? It leaves you with nothing.” _Tom Cruise
56. “I believe that as much as you take, you have to give back. It’s important not to focus on yourself too much.” _Nicole Kidman
57. “Real education should educate us out of self into something far finer; into a selflessness which links us with all humanity.” – Nancy Astor
58. What are you doing today to make a difference? Are you helping to improve the life of someone else or you’ll just do for yourself?
59. True givers do not often remember the goodness they did to others because it is stamped on their intuition, not their brain. It is only intuitively recalled when the author needs it to advance his cause.
60. Sometimes it’s hard to get up and do the difficult thing for ourselves. So in those times, get yourself to do it for those you care about.
61. Selflessness is easier preached than practiced. If one’s loyalty to a Cause is not yet tested, it is premature to claim selflessness. Only practical experiencing can judge selflessness.
62. Happiness doesn’t come through selfishness but through selflessness. Everything you do comes back around.
63. “Helping someone in a hopeless situation is humanity indeed. That too with a selfless attitude.
May God create more of such Humans and give us the heart to follow them in today’s materialistic environment.”
64. It is this focus on how that ultimately leads to growth for you as a man. The how typically involves increased understanding and wisdom, increased selflessness and humility, it involves you becoming a better version of yourself.
65. Build up, support, and help, we are greatest when serving others before ourselves.
66. “Appreciate those who have supported you, forgive those who have hurt you, help those who need you. Treat all people–including yourself–with love and compassion, and you can’t go wrong.”
67. “I write about myself with the same pencil and in the same exercise book as about him. It is no longer I, but another whose life is just beginning.” _Samuel Beckett
68. True selflessness is rare these days. If you want to be remembered as being great, then you must serve all. Let your greatness come from others who would say of you, “she was ready to serve us at any time”. This kind of attitude can solve any social problem.
69. “The most interesting people on the planet are those who always want to help others in any way they can.”
70. “Maintain purity in thought, word, and action through selfless service. Feed the hungry. Help the needy. Or simply give your smile, time or skill. Give whatever you have as per your capacities.”
71. “The strongest people make time to help others, even when they are struggling themselves.”
72. The greatest achievement is selflessness, the greatest worth is self-mastery and the greatest quality is seeking to serve others.” — Atīśa Dīpa kara Śrījñāna
73. Without compassion, we do not feel the suffering of others. We cannot learn to forgive, and our thoughts become self-consuming. True compassion is born of selflessness. It is the bedrock of all virtue and drives our spiritual evolution
74. “Selflessness is a choice to sacrifice your time, comfort, energy, money, resources, to give to others. It’s our capacity to SHOW UP & not live a life just about us, but a life about all of us.”
75. “True love blooms when we care more about another person than we care about ourselves. That is Christ’s great atoning example for us, and it ought to be more evident in the kindness we show, the respect we give, and the selflessness and courtesy we employ in our personal relationships.” ~ Jeffrey R. Holland