A life without generosity is like a forest without trees. The happiness we feel by giving others is not comparable to anything. Being generous is one of the best qualities of a leader, teacher, spiritual guide and all human beings. I’m feeling great to share inspirational and powerful quotes about generosity, quotes on Generosity and the quotes on the generosity and giving.
Inspiring Quotes About Generosity
1. “There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.” John Holmes
2. “That’s what I consider true generosity: You give your all, and yet you always feel as if it costs you nothing.” Simone de Beauvoir
3. “Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.” Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
4. “A fight is going on inside me,” said an old man to his son. “It is a terrible fight between two wolves. One wolf is evil. He is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. The other wolf is good. He is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith. The same fight is going on inside you.”
5. “If you want to call attention to your good deed then it isn’t a good deed, it’s a self-serving one. Why? Not only have you patted yourself on the back but you’re fishing for others to do the same.” Donna Lynn Hope
6. “You cannot do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it will be too late.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. “Being generous often consists of simply extending a hand. That’s hard to do if you are grasping tightly to your righteousness, your belief system, your superiority, your assumptions about others, your definition of normal.” Patti Digh
8. “The greatest gift you ever give is your honest self.” Fred Rogers
9. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” Winston Churchill
10. “Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need.” Khalil Gibran
11. What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.
– Albert Pike
12. “You give but little when you give of your possessions.
It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.”
13. “Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need.”
14. “You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
15. “The most truly generous persons are those who give silently without hope of praise or reward.”
16. “Give a bowl of rice to a man and you will feed him for a day. Teach him how to grow his own rice and you will save his life.”
17. “That’s what I consider true generosity: You give your all, and yet you always feel as if it costs you nothing.”
18. “Conquer the angry one by not getting angry, conquer the wicked by goodness; conquer the stingy by generosity, and the liar by speaking the truth.
19. Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.
20. A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things that renew humanity.
21. What is called generosity is usually only the vanity of giving; we enjoy the vanity more than the thing given.
22. Generosity consists not the sum given, But the manner in which it is bestowed.
Inspirational Quotes on Generosity
23. “Generosity is not in giving me that which I need more than you do, but it is in giving me that which you need more than I do.”
24. “You make all kinds of mistakes, but as long as you are generous and true and also fierce, you cannot hurt the world or even seriously distress her.”
25. “You see, antiquated ideas of kindness and generosity are simply bugs that must be programmed out of our world. And these cold, unfeeling machines will show us the way.”
26. “Be generous! Give to those you love or give to those who love you or give to the fortunate? give to the unfortunate yes, give especially to those you don’t want to give. You will receive abundance for your giving. The more you give, the more you will have!”
27. “You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.”
28. “To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue. They are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness and kindness.”
29. “Real generosity is anonymous to the extent that a man should be prepared even to be considered ungenerous rather than explain it to others.”
30. “Generosity without delicacy, like wit without judgement, generally gives as much pain as pleasure.”
31. “Children must early learn the beauty of generosity. They are taught to give what they prize most, that they may taste the happiness of giving.”
32. “We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.”
Quotes on Generosity and Giving
33. “It’s great to see the kind of generosity our players and franchise have shown. You could tell [Mindy] was very touched by the gesture, so that makes everybody feel good.”
34. “Generosity is the most natural outward expression of an inner attitude of compassion and loving-kindness.”
35. “Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out.”
36. “Generosity is the flower of justice.”
37. “Generosity lies less in giving much than in giving at the right moment.”
38. “There is no act of faith more beautiful than the generosity of the very poor.
39. “Generosity liberates the soul.”
40. “If you’re a generous person you’ll have no trouble admitting that somebody else is good. If you’re a better person you’ll find it’s total impossibility.”
41. “The planet does not need more successful people. The planet desperately needs more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers and lovers of all kinds.”
42. “Those who give love freely will always have an abundance of love in their lives.”
43. “Generosity is not giving me that which I need more than you do, but it is giving me that which you need more than I do.”
44. “Our greatest social responsibility is to demonstrate to all others how to live in this world of hunger, sorrow, and injustice with generosity, dignity, and decency.”
45. “We will never experience true satisfaction until we are in relationship with the One who ultimately satisfies our deepest soul needs.”
46. “The opposite of generosity isn’t stinginess, it’s desperation.”
More Quotes on Generosity
47. “We would be wise to accumulate things for the sole purpose of sharing their joys with others.”
48. “Be generous in prosperity, and thankful in adversity. Be worthy of the trust of thy neighbor, and look upon him with a bright and friendly face…”
49. “We live far happier lives when we are generous in as many ways as possible.”
50. “A generosity that is so great that all existence responds with generosity. If you are generous with your Soul, existence will be generous to you in return.”
51. “His generosity was his great strength and his great weakness; he had not enough hands to caress, to embrace, to give; it was the generosity of creative power, without method and without toughness; which as it was sapped the muscles of his will and almost amounted to a vice.”
52. “It costs no money to be kind, It takes no extra time to be kind.”
53. “Generosity can also be a better weapon for manipulation. The most loving person ca easily destroy you when you rely on their pity.”
54. “We are losing the generosity day by day that integrates and increases the way to honour and moral values of us.”
55. “Generosity is based in knowing what you are capable of giving, and going just a little beyond that.”
56. “True generosity is an offering; given freely and out of pure love. No strings attached. No expectations. Time and love are the most valuable possession you can share.”
57. “That’s what I consider true generosity: You give your all, and yet you always feel as if it costs you nothing.”
58. “To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue; these five are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness.”
Quotations about Generosity
59. “Generosity could be as contagious as the zombie plague as long as enough people were willing to be carriers.”
60. “Believe, when you are most unhappy, that there is something for you to do in the world. So long as you can sweeten another’s pain, life is not in vain.”
61. “You will discover that you have two hands. One is for helping yourself and the other is for helping others.”
62. “Remember that there is no happiness in having or in getting, but only in giving. Reach out. Share. Smile. Hug. Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.”
63. “We should give as we would receive, cheerfully, quickly, and without hesitation; for there is no grace in a benefit that sticks to the fingers.”
64. “When you become detached mentally from yourself and concentrate on helping other people with their difficulties, you will be able to cope with your own more effectively. Somehow, the act of self-giving is a personal power-releasing factor.”
65. “Listen with regard when others talk. Give your time and energy to others; let others have their own way; do things for reasons other than furthering your own needs.”
66. “The greatest gift you ever give is your honest self.”
67. “I gave you all my secrets and you lost them all. You lost a lot of things.
But the treasure of it was in the giving, not the keeping.”
68. “Unless we think of others and do something for them, we miss one of the greatest sources of happiness.”
I’m Murshid Akram, a introvert who love reading and sharing positive vibes through quotes and sayings. I believe with love and compassion we can make this world a better place.