Cheating, deceiving, manipulating, and lying cause to end a relationship, whether its boyfriend-girlfriend, husband-wife, or friendship. In this article, I’ve collected 50+ quotes about deceive, deceiving, deception and manipulation in your life, friendship, love and relationship with images.
Deceiving Quotes on Love and Relationship with Images
1. “To cheat oneself out of love is the most terrible deception; it is an eternal loss for which there is no reparation, either in time or in eternity.” – Soren Kierkegaard
2. “Love is a deception and a trap. Love is as big a myth that God sits with his flowing white beard in a throne and looks at us.” – Al Goldstein
3. When one is in love, one always begins by deceiving one’s self, and one always ends by deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance. – Oscar Wilde
4. If you don’t want to be deceived, then marry on February 30th. – French Proverb
5. It takes two people to create a successful relationship. It only takes one person to make it fail.
You may also like: 75 Selflessness Quotes & Sayings To Inspire You
6. “I’m not crying because of you; you’re not worth it. I’m crying because my delusion of who you were was shattered by the truth of who you are.” – Steve Maraboli
7. If you cheat on someone that is willing to do anything for you, you actually cheated yourself out of true loyalty.
8. When you deceive a person, you not only deceive them but yourself too. And you do not just break his or her heart, but you break your future.
9. The worst kind of hurt is deceiving because it means someone was willing to hurt you just to make themselves feel better.
10. Most people deceive in a relationship because they’re paying more attention to what they’re missing rather than what they have.
Friends Deceiving Quotes and Sayings
11. “The reason we bitterly hate those who deceive us is that they think they are cleverer than we are.” – Francois de La Rochefoucauld
12. The fellow that calls you “brother” usually wants something that doesn’t belong to him. — Kin Hubbard
13. The deceitful have no friends. – Indian Proverb
14. He that flatters you more than you desire either has deceived you or wishes to deceive. ~ Italian Proverb
15. He who fondles you more than usual has either deceived you or wants to. ~ French Proverb
16. It is more disgraceful to suspect our friends than to be deceived by them.
You may also like: Stupidity Quotes: 30 Best Sarcastic quotes on Stupidity
17. We are inconsolable at being deceived by our enemies and being betrayed by our friends, yet we are often 18. content in be being treated like that by our own selves. ~ Francois De La Rochefoucauld
18. “Better to have an enemy who slaps you in the face than a friend who stabs you in the back.”
19. “The worst pain in the world goes beyond the physical. Even further beyond any other emotional pain one can feel. It is the betrayal of a friend.” – Heather Brewer
20. “The worst feeling in the world is knowing you’ve been used and deceived by someone you trusted.”
Quotes on Deception and Manipulation
21. “Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides.” ― André Malraux
22. “Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools, that don’t have brains enough to be honest.” – Benjamin Franklin
23. False face must hide what the false heart doth know.- William Shakespeare
24. “It is discouraging how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.” – Noel Coward
25. “The art of pleasing is the art of deception.” – Luc de Clapiers
26. “Nothing is more common on earth than to deceive and be deceived.” – Johann Gottfried Seume
27. “A truth that’s told with bad intent Beats all the lies you can invent.” – William Blake
28. “All deception in the course of life is indeed nothing else but a lie reduced to practice, and falsehood passing from words into things.” ~ Robert Southey
29. “Looks sure can be deceiving: not every ‘ugly’ person is a ‘bad’ person (or is guilty of whatever it is that they are accused of).” ― Mokokoma Mokhonoana
30. We never deceive for a good purpose; knavery adds malice to falsehood. – La Bruyere
31. All deception in the course of life is indeed nothing else but a lie reduced to practice, and falsehood passing from words into things. -Robert South
32. It’s discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit. -Noel Coward
33. The most deceitful persons spend their lives blaming deceit, so as to use it on some great occasion to promote some great interest. – Francois de la Rochefoucauld
34. So may the outward shows be least themselves:
The world is still deceived with ornament. -William Shakespeare
35. Appearances are deceitful, I know, but so long as they are, there’s nothing like having them deceive us instead of against us.
36. Whenever, therefore, people are deceived and form opinions wide of the truth, it is clear that the error has slid into their minds through the medium of certain resemblances to that truth. – Socrates
Being Deceived by Someone You Love Quotes
37. “I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
38. “Someone who smiles too much with you can sometime frown too much with you at your back.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
38. “All deception in the course of life is indeed nothing else but a lie reduced to practice, and falsehood passing from words into things.” – Robert Southey
39. The woman is adept at getting money for herself and will not easily let herself be deceived; she understands deceit too well herself. – Aristophanes
40. We always deceive ourselves twice about the people we love — first to their advantage, then to their disadvantage. — Albert Camus
41. False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine, but leaving us the instant we cross into the shade. –Christian N Bovee
42. If a man deceives me once, shame on him; if he deceives me twice, shame on me. – Italian Proverb
43. Many deceptions only appeal to us because there is something inside us that “wants” to believe them. They are seductive because of darkness and wrong motives in our own lives. We must search our hearts and root these out.
Quotes About Self-Deceive and Self-deception
44. All men are by nature equal, made all of the same earth by one Workman; and however, we deceive ourselves, as dear unto God is the poor peasant as the mighty prince. – Plato
45. The easiest person to deceive is oneself. – Edward Bulwer-Lytton
46. “The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.” – Leonardo da Vinci
47. “Do not deceive yourself by trusting in what is worthless.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
48. “It’s the easiest Thing in the World for a Man to deceive himself.” – Franklin
49. “Nothing is so difficult as not deceiving oneself.” – Ludwig Wittgenstein
50. “Nationalism is power hunger tempered by self-deception.” – George Orwell
51. “Only one deception is possible in the infinite sense, self-deception.” – Soren Kierkegaard
52. “Self-deceit is a most damaging trait. The remedy, for an artist, is to paint a self-portrait!” – Scott Kahn
53. “Nature never deceives us; it is we who deceive ourselves.” – Jean-Jacques Rousseau
54. Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves. — Eric Hoffer
55. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to such a pass that he cannot distinguish the truth within him. – Fyodor Dostoevsky
56. “You can see your real face only when you stop deceiving yourself! Until then, you will always see someone who is not you!” ― Mehmet Murat Ildan
57. “Of all forms of deception self-deception is the most deadly, and of all deceived persons the self-deceived are the least likely to discover the fraud.” – Aiden Wilson Tozer
58. “Above all, don’t lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love.” – Fyodor Dostoevsky
59. The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions. — Leonardo da Vinci
60. Nothing is easier than to deceive one’s self, as our affections are subtle persuaders. -Demosthenes
61. We are never deceived; we deceive ourselves. – Goethe
62. Self-deception is nature; hypocrisy is art. – Mason Cooley
Quotes on Don’t get Deceive
63. Don’t be deceived by the thoughts of obscurity that linger around your head. Go and shine the light in you.
64. Don’t be deceived by the spirit of complacency and think you have achieved enough. Try to become better than you’ve been. – Israelmore Ayivor
65. You can see your real face only when you stop deceiving yourself! Until then, you will always see someone who is not you! – Mehmet Murat Ildan
66. “Do not deceive yourself by trusting in what is worthless.” ― Lailah Gifty Akita
67. Do not be deceived; happiness and enjoyment do not lie in wicked ways. – Isaac Watts
68. Let us therefore not deceive ourselves. In walking according to the spirit we shall hear the direction of conscience. Do not try to escape any inward reproach; rather, be attentive to its voice.
69. Do not deceive yourself by over-expecting happiness in the married state. Look not therein for contentment greater than God will give, or a creature in this world can receive, namely, to be free from all inconveniences. Marriage is not like the hill of Olympus, wholly clear, without clouds.
Some Quotes References: