According to the National Institute of Health, Health is a state of being, whereas wellness is the state of living a healthy lifestyle. Health refers to physical, mental, and social well-being: wellness aims to enhance well-being. In this post, you’ll see inspirational quotes about health and wellness that will motivate you to live a healthy and active life.
I’ve gathered wellness and health quotes from well-reputed sites such as BrainyQuotes, Everydaypower, GoodReads, WisdomQuotes, AZQuotes, etc. I hope these quotes will inspire you to live a healthy and richer life.
Best Buddha Quotes on Wellness and Health
Buddhism is the fourth largest religion in the world after Christianity, Islam, and Hinduism. It teaches the true meaning of life. And its principles and teachings will help you live a happier, healthier, and richer life.
Here are the top buddha quotes on health and wellness that will inspire you.
1. “Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.” – Buddha
2. “To keep the body in good health is a duty; otherwise, we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.” — Buddha
3. “Good health is simply the slowest way a human being can die,” — Buddha
4. “The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.” — Buddha
5. Your body is precious. It is our vehicle for awakening. Treat it with care. — Buddha
6. Every human being is the author of his own health or disease. — Gautama Buddha
7. “One should strive to understand what underlies sufferings and diseases – and aim for health and well-being while gaining in the path.” — Gautama Buddha
8. “The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly. ” — Gautama Buddha
Short Health and Wellness Quotes
9. Health and wellness do mean different things to different people. Denise Morrison
10. “Wellness is a connection of paths: knowledge and action.” — Joshua Welch
11. “It is health that is the real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.“ — Mahatma Gandhi
12. “He who has health has hope and he who has hope has everything.“ — Arabian Proverb
13. Health is a relationship between you and your body. – Terri Guillemets
14. If you don’t do what’s best for your body, you’re the one who comes up on the short end. – Julius Erving
15. “Good health is simply the slowest way a human being can die,” — Buddha
16. Fitness for me is wellness. It means being healthy – mentally and physically. – Suniel Shetty
17. “Today is your day to start fresh, to eat right, to train hard, to live healthy, to be proud.” – Bonnie Pfiester
18. Nutrition is very important to me for both my own health and wellness, but also for my children. – Christina Anstead
19. To get rich never risk your health. For it is the truth that health is the wealth of wealth. – Richard Baker
20. Wellness is considered a conscious, self-directed, and evolving process of achieving full potential.
Health and Wellness Quotes to Help You Live a Better Life
21. “To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.” -William Londen
22. “It’s up to you today to start making healthy choices. Not choices that are just healthy for your body, but healthy for your mind.”― Steve Maraboli
23. Optimal health comes from wellness, from making decisions and practicing behaviors that are based on sound health knowledge and healthful attitudes.
24. “Self-esteem is as important to our well-being as legs are to a table. It is essential for physical and mental health and for happiness.” – Louise Hart
25.“By cleansing your body on a regular basis and eliminating as many toxins as possible from your environment, your body can begin to heal itself, prevent disease, and become stronger and more resilient than you ever dreamed possible!” — Dr. Edward Group III
26. “The ability to be in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness.” — Abraham Maslow
27. “Wellness encompasses a healthy body, a sound mind, and a tranquil spirit. Enjoy the journey as you strive for wellness.” — Laurette Gagnon Beaulieu
28. “You pray for good health and a body that will be strong in old age. Good—but your rich foods block the gods’ answer and tie Jupiter’s hands.” — Persius
29. Individuals will achieve healthier lifestyles when prevention and wellness programs are accessible and available in their workplace, through their health provider, and in their communities. Rob Wittman
30. Yoga is at the core of my health and wellness routine; even if it’s only for 10 to 15 minutes I find it helps me to re-center and to focus as well as improve my overall core strength. Miranda Kerr
Health And Wellness Quotes For A Healthy Mindset
31. I have the ability and to have access to and to learn more in different areas in wellness and health because I have the door open to me to any doctor, any scientist, any hospital, any study around the world. I believe it’s my responsibility to share that information with others. – Montel Williams
32. Wellness is associated with happiness. When you’re happy, you’re feeling good in your mind and body. That ties into being healthy, eating well, and exercising regularly. It also ties into being excited about things – like getting up in the morning and having a healthy breakfast. Stella Maxwell
33. Wellness is the complete integration of body, mind, and spirit – the realization that everything we do, think, feel, and believe has an effect on our state of well-being. – Greg Anderson
34. There are six components of wellness: proper weight and diet, proper exercise, breaking the smoking habit, control of alcohol, stress management, and periodic exams. Kenneth H. Cooper
35. Wellness is not a ‘medical fix’ but a way of living – a lifestyle sensitive and responsive to all the dimensions of body, mind, and spirit, an approach to life we each design to achieve our highest potential for well-being now and forever. Greg Anderson
36. “The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don’t want, drink what you don’t like, and do what you’d rather not.”- Mark Twain
37. “Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basic of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.”- John F. Kennedy
38. “Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind, and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
39. “To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.” – William Londen
40. A calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that’s very important for good health. – Dalai Lama
41. Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind, and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open.
42. Wellness is the complete integration of body, mind, and spirit – the realization that everything we do, think, feel, and believe has an effect on our state of well-being. – Greg Anderson
43. The four keys to good health: a working digestive system, an alkaline body, low stress, and a joyful state of being.
44. What you eat can impact your mood and how you feel. By sticking to healthy options, you are not only building a healthier body but a healthier mind too.
45. Wellness is multidimensional and holistic, encompassing lifestyle, mental and spiritual well-being, and the environment.