Ruth Bader Ginsburg, an American lawyer and an associate justice of the Supreme Court of the United States from (1993 to 2020), was a brave lady whose inspirational quotes and words changed the view of thousands of people.
On 18 September 2020, she passed away at the age of 87. But she left her inspirational words behind in this world. Words and quotes that will encourage you and can change your way of thinking.
I’ve also picked most of the quotes from her autobiography, My Own Words.
The Best Ruth Bader Ginsburg Inspirational Quotes
1. “Fight for the things that you care about. But do it in a way that will lead others to join you.”
2. Don’t be distracted by emotions like anger, envy, resentment. These just zap energy and waste time. ― Ruth Bader Ginsburg inspiring quote on emotions
3. “My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent”
― Inspirational Ruth Bader quotes on Feminism
4. “As women achieve power, the barriers will fall. As society sees what women can do, as women see what women can do, there will be more women out there doing things, and we’ll all be better off for it.” ― Ruth Bader Ginsburg inspirational quote on Women equality and power
5. “I just try to do the good job that I have to the best of my ability and I really don’t think about whether I’m inspirational. I just do the best I can.” ― Inspiring Quote from Ruth Bader Ginsburg
6. We must try to train ourselves and those about us to live together with one another as good neighbors for this idea is embodied in the great new Charter of the United Nations. It is the only way to secure the world against future wars and maintain an everlasting peace.” ― Inspirational Ruth Bader Ginsburg quotes about teaching
7. “We should not be held back from pursuing our full talents, from contributing what we could contribute to the society, because we fit into a certain mold ― because we belong to a group that historically has been the object of discrimination.” ― Ruth Bader Ginsburg inspiring quote on discrimination
8. “Be independent and be a lady.” ― Inspiring Ruth Bader Ginsburg quote for women
9. “She probably did not think of herself as a feminist, but she had the strong sense that her state’s law was unjust, and faith that the judiciary could redress her grievance. Ultimately, her faith was vindicated. The Supreme Court unanimously declared Idaho’s male preference statute unconstitutional, a plain denial to Sally Reed of the equal protection of the state’s law.” ― Inspirational Ruth Bader quotes on Feminism
10. “Never underestimate the power of a girl with a book.” ― Ruth Bader Ginsburg inspirational quote on Women Power
11. “We will all profit from a more diverse, inclusive society, understanding, accommodating, even celebrating our differences, while pulling together for the common good.” ― Inspiring Ruth Bader Ginsburg quote on society
12. “Speak your mind even if your voice shakes.” ― Ruth Bader Ginsburg Inspirational Quotes
13. “The way to stop discrimination on race is to stop discriminating on race” ― Ruth Bader Ginsberg Inspiring quotes on racism
14. “I tell law students, if you’re going to be a lawyer & just practice your profession, you have a skill—very much like a plumber. But if you want to be a true professional, you will do something outside yourself, something that makes life…better for people less fortunate…” ― Ruth Bader Ginsburg Inspirational Quotes for students
15. “Real change, enduring change, happens one step at a time.” ― Ruth Bader Ginsburg Inspirational Quotes about Change
16. “[I want to be remembered as] someone who used whatever talent she had to do her work to the very best of her ability. And to help repair tears in her society, to make things a little better through the use of whatever ability she has…” ― Inspirational Ruth Bader quotes
17. “Reading is the key that opens doors to many good things in life. Reading shaped my dreams, and more reading helped me make my dreams come true.” ― Ruth Bader Ginsburg inspiring quote on reading
18. “I would like to be remembered as someone who used whatever talent she had to do her work to the very best of her ability.”