In this world of I, me, and myself, we need to be compassionate. Each of us can do something to make the world a better place today to help end suffering; To help people in their needs and treat gently, we can make a difference. That’s why I’ve compiled various quotes about compassion that’ll touch your soul and motivate you to stay compassionate at all times in every circumstance.
Compassion Quotes with Images
1. “Compassion isn’t a weakness, it’s using our strength for those who need it most.
It doesn’t care what we think, it cares what we do
Put compassion into action. Be Kind To All Be”
3.“Redemption from breakdown lives in forgiveness, but forgiveness comes rooted in compassion..”Lisa Nichols
4. The world needs compassion. Every day; people go through challenges we may not be aware of, just to get through the day. The best thing we can do is reach out and lift people up.
5. Expand your compassion, Love, sympathy and optimism and project them in your conduct and you will find it reflected back to you as a world full of bliss.
6. “Some people may never accept that we’re disabled by pain or invisible illness… The kindest thing we can do…cultivate compassion for ourselves over any suffering we’re experiencing as a result of their lack of understanding.”
7. Kindness creates a special sweetness in your mind and a super softness in your soul.Beth Frates
8. Be the calm helper. Be that miracle to someone. When everyone stares blankly & thinks ‘glad it’s not me’, in that split second- take action. Helping someone in that moment of chaos/fog will change both of you, for the better.
9. How we treat each other reflects on us as a people. Compassion is needed to make the best systems and protocols work. _Naomi Francis
10. Compassion is a deep connection between yourself and all creatures.
11. One thing that putting the entire world on ‘pause’ has made abundantly clear: society is structured too heavily on superficial things designed to distract us & not enough on the ones that truly matter family friends kindness compassion values.
12. Privilege is believing that something is not an issue just because it is not an issue for you.
Compassion is knowing that something is an issue, even if it is not an issue for you.
13. “Focus on the light at the end of the darkness.
During a difficult time, hold onto love, caring & compassion.
Some people have lost everything.”
Inspiration Quotes for Compassion
14. Compassion isn’t a weakness, it’s using our strength for those who need it most.
It doesn’t care what we think, it cares what we do
Put your compassion into action
15. “Love does magical feats. It breaks down barriers and makes us feel more complete. Love reveals itself in kindness, compassion and helpful action. Make love your way to be. Share your love tirelessly.”Dr Jo Anne White
Related: 50 Emotional Intelligence Quotes
16. “Be kind to others, be kind to yourself. “People who are self-compassioned tend to be more inspired, motivated, active, and more successful in the long run”
17. By harnessing All responsibly and compassionately we could help solve humanity’s biggest challenges, delivering clean energy, universal healthcare, new materials and the eradication of poverty and hard labour. We must be inclusive and determined. _Nando de Freitas
18. We all are born diseased, and the desire for ephemeral happiness is certainly not the cure, but a prolonged and disciplined therapy of compassion is.
19. Where there is Love, there is fear! And when Fear overcomes love, only Compassion works another form of Love!
20. Tread Oh heart, Peacefully and happily, Let no regrets or fears Fog your path.
As you pass through the wood of life, Let the love encompass you and spread,
Let the joy of living life inside you and grow, Let the compassion illuminate the life in you.
Let yourself be free and weightless to soar high, high in the sky.
21. The Day We Realise The Importance Of How Over How Much Or How Good Compassion Creeps Into Us Changing Our Entire Outlook Towards Existence In Perseverance And Not Excellence.
22. “Always try to look a little beyond your understanding. Maybe, the key to all your locks lies in compassion…!”
23. Time is a wonderful teacher. With time, we realize that it’s best to work as a team. Be compassionate. Help others to succeed as often as you can and comfort those in need whenever you can. _ Beth Frates
24. The most important feeling we can have to change the lives of millions of people is Compassion!
25. The older I get, the humbler I become in understanding and being cognizant that everyone is dealing with something that feels catastrophic to them. Be kind. Inquire. Check-in. We’re all in this life thing together.
26. Compassion is the passion with heart.
It is a wonderful way to let a struggling soul know that there is love in the world.
Make others smile. It will make their day. It will make your day.
Best Quotes For Love and Compassion
27. “Positive energies are your inner superpowers. Fill it fully with healing that matters. Share love, kindness and be compassionate in every goof and bad times of your life.”
28. One of the most enjoyable things we can do is to help someone without expecting anything in return and in some cases without them even knowing we helped. Seeing someone succeed or even smile because of something we did brings a special kind of joy.
29. You have the ability to change someone’s life for the better. small acts of Love & Compassion can go a long way; so please do so.
30. “When we lose things, we soften to others who lost what they counted on.
I wish it didn’t hurt so much.”
31. Being without compassion can mean we may miss seeing all the angles of situations – sometimes to our own detriment.
32. “There are synergies between wisdom, mindfulness and compassion.
They feed into One another Wonderfully.”
When you open your heart and your hand,
you never know what blessings will land
in your life and add joy to your days.
Best Quotes on Compassion And Kindness
34. Kindness creates a special sweetness in your mind and a super softness in your soul. – Beth Frates
35. One thing that putting the entire world on ‘pause’ has made abundantly clear: society is structured too heavily on superficial things designed to distract us & not enough on the ones that truly matter family friends kindness compassion values.
36. It’s okay to not feel okay. This is the essence of compassion. The more we can allow ourselves to be exactly where we are, and invite even the slightest trickle of kindness and acceptance, the more things begin to shift on their own. _Oren Jay Sofer
37. “If someone’s judging you…remember it’s his or her problem…your task is to not pay attention to how others are evaluating you but…to how you’re treating yourself—and that should be with compassion, kindness…vow to never take sides against yourself.”
38. Self-compassion is nurturing yourself with all the kindness & love you would shower on someone you cherish.
39. “Make compassion your choice of today to soothe and temper you and others when hearts and minds go astray. Let kindness open the way for you and others to have a more loving day.” _Dr Jo Anne White
40. You never know how much your positive energy or giving a moment of your time can help someone get through. Even the smallest act of kindness, compliment or encouraging word can help go a long way._Allistair McCaw
41. The love cultivates kindness, compassion, and connection. Love is the universal need that unites all human beings and it’s so important to have healthy relationships and deep, meaningful connections with others.
42. Treat others with love and kindness and your heart will always be full and open. You will feel at peace when you treat the most vulnerable with empathy and understanding.
43. “What we all have in common is an appreciation of kindness and compassion; all the religions have this. Love. We all lean towards love.” —Richard Gere
44. “That is what compassion does. It challenges our assumptions, our sense of self-limitation, worthlessness, of not having a place in the world, our feelings of loneliness and estrangement. These are narrow, constrictive states of mind. As we develop compassion, our hearts open.” —Sharon Salzberg.
45. “You can cultivate mercy when you extend acts of compassion and kindness to yourself and to other people.” —Bree Miller.
46. “As for…the fear that compassion will involve you in suffering, counter it with the realization that the sharing of sorrow expands your capacity to share joy as well. When you callously ignore the suffering of others, you lose the capacity to share their happiness, too.”—Albert Schweitzer.
47. Humanity will never truly be human until it learns to live in peace and harmony with all the creatures who inhabit this planet. Then, maybe, we can live with each other.
48. “No matter where a person is at or what their life experience has been, they deserve the chance to be helped and be supported to help themselves”
49. Exclusion is derived from fear, ignorance, and power, whilst inclusion is derived from love, compassion, and respect.
50. “Being compassionate is a choice and a blessing. Thinking about others and helping them isn’t an easy act.”
51. “Your compassion doesn’t not only help others to give hope but also inspiring many to be compassionate.”
52. “People dealing with chronic illness…Display courage in the face of fear and the uncertainty that is a constant part of their life. They retain compassion and smile through the pain to help put everyone at ease, even when they are imploding inside.”
53. The people that bring sunshine into this world are the ones who have a heart of gold that shines so brightly it burns like the sun.Beth Frates
54. To understand your unique inner power – you must not use the same level of thinking that caused you to think that you do not have power.
55. “We must think about compassion & ability to give to others. When we become fulfilled by giving rather than receiving, we are perpetually satisfied & feel no lack or emptiness.”
56. “The world needs all of us to keep our minds & hearts open. Big Changes are needed. Playing it safe or doing things our of fear is not the answer. Courage, Compassion, Connection & the Common Good matter now more than ever.
We are one human family looking out for each other.”
57. It costs you nothing to show your Compassionate and Supportive side to someone who is struggling and needs a friend.
58. “Your presence and compassion in your friend’s life are what matters. When we are in pain, we fear to lose our friendships and missing out on the action in our lives. Responsibilities threaten to bury us and isolation creep up around us.”
Compassion Quotes About Expressing Empathy for Others
59. “We have to approach life with empathy to understand other people and give them second chances. When we do this, we find we open ourselves up to more people who bring joy and positive change.”
60. I hope you start it with Compassion ~ for those who are hurting
Hope~ for those in despair ~
Empathy~ for those who need it
Kindness~ to everyone
And massive Love to heal this sometimes cruel world.
61. Treat others with love and kindness and your heart will always be full and open. You will feel at peace when you treat the most vulnerable with empathy and understanding.
62. “Learning to give empathy to myself and others as often as I can each day has rendered astounding benefits….empathy leads to compassion and compassion to forgiveness and connection.” – Judith Hanson Lasater
63. “Looking at various means of developing compassion, I think empathy is an important factor: the ability to appreciate others’ suffering.” – Dalai Lama.
64. “Have compassion and empathy in your heart. Many people are suffering deep emotional anguish beneath the surface of their lives, and smile even as they hurt inside.” – Jim Palmer
65. “True compassion comes from free will by drawing empathy from within.” – Shane Barbi
66. “The nature of humanity, its essence, is to feel another’s a pain as one’s own, and to act to take that pain away. There is nobility in compassion, a beauty in empathy, a grace in forgiveness.” – John Connolly.
67. “Empathy is simply listening, holding space, withholding judgment, emotionally connecting, and communicating that incredibly healing message of you’re not alone.” – Brene Brown
68. “Empathy means both understanding others on their own terms and bringing them within the orbit of one’s own experience.” – Jacob A. Belzen
69. “Learning to stand in somebody else’s shoes, to see through their eyes, that’s how peace begins. And it’s up to you to make that happen. Empathy is a quality of character that can change the world.” – Barack Obama
70. When you show deep empathy toward others, their defensive energy goes down, and positive energy replaces it. That’s when you can get more creative in solving problems. – Stephen Covey
71. “Empathy is one of humankind’s prized possessions. Acts of consideration and kindness are inevitable when a person can mentally step into someone else’s shoes. Even if it’s just for a moment.”― Izey Victoria Odiase
72. “What you don’t realize is that the world does not need more perfection. It needs more compassion and empathy.”― Tessa Dare.
73. “Whether it is rational or empirical, your approach to life must always be empathetic. Emotional intelligence is acquired when knowledge and empathy are combined and applied to situations regularly in everyday life.”― Stewart Stafford
74. “To embrace suffering culminates in greater empathy, the capacity to feel what it is like for the other to suffer, which is the ground for unsentimental compassion and love.” – Stephen Batchelor