If you want to thrive in your personal or professional life, you can learn a lot from Peter Drucker’s quotes on strategic planning. Peter Drucker planning quotes will help you achieve your goal and enhance your thinking ability. His quotes are as much helpful today as they were before.
By the way, he was a management consultant, educator, and author. His philosophy, principles, and wisdom helped many businesses flourish. He is also known as the founder of modern management.
Peter Drucker Quotes on Strategic planning
Strategic planning is crucial for achieving a personal or professional goal. However, not everyone can create an effective plan, and not everyone knows everything. That’s why learning and original thinking are necessary to be a good planner.
1. “Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes; but no plans.” ― Peter Drucker
You’ll have to be passionate and committed to your work to be successful. Promises and hopes are good things, but planning and execution are crucial.
If you want to know the accurate meaning of strategic planning, the below quote of Peter Drucker will very much relate to:
“Strategic planning is the continuous process of making present entrepreneurial (risk-taking) decisions systematically and with the greatest knowledge of their futurity; organizing systematically the efforts needed to carry out these decisions; and measuring the results of these decisions against the expectations through organized, systematic feedback.”
3. “People in any organization are always attached to the obsolete – the things that should have worked but did not, the things that once were productive and no longer are.” ― Peter Drucker
In the book “How Successful People Think (by John C. Maxwell)” I’ve read that popular thinking will only produce the average results. It means the ideas and thoughts that worked before won’t be able to produce significant results.
So you’ll have to be an original thinker and bring new ideas so you can be more productive.
4. “Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work.” ― Peter Drucker
“Execution is the game,” says Gary Vaynerchuck, entrepreneur and CEO of VaynerMedia. Because making a plan is one thing and working on it is another. And to achieve what you aspire to, you’ll have to execute your plans.
5. “Planning and doing are separate parts of the same job; they are not separate jobs. There is no work that can be performed effectively unless it contains elements of both. One” ― Peter F. Drucker, The Practice of Management
6. There are plans that lead to action today—and they are true plans, true strategic decisions. And there are plans that talk about action tomorrow—they are dreams, if not pretexts for nonthinking, non planning, nondoing. The” ― Peter F. Drucker
7. “Some of the most important questions in strategic planning can be phrased only in terms such as ‘larger’ or ‘smaller,’ sooner’ or ‘later,’ and some equally important areas cannot be quantified at all. They can be handled only as restraints, or parameters, but not as factors in the equation itself.” ― Peter Drucker
8. “Plans are worthless, but planning is invaluable.” ― Peter Drucker
I hope you like these Peter Drucker Planning Quotes. You can also share with your colleagues and partners.