Emotional awareness is the skill to understand your own and others’ emotions and makes you able to act accordingly. To help you know what emotional awareness is, I’ve compiled more than 20 quotes for you. These quotes about emotional awareness will help you boost your emotional intelligence and succeed in the commonplace.
Okay, so let’s explore it.
Related: 25 Emotional Wellness Quotes
The Best Emotional Awareness Quotes with Images
1. “Never react emotionally to criticism. Analyze yourself to determine whether it is justified. If it is, correct yourself. Otherwise, go on about your business.” — Norman Vincent Peale
2. “There is no separation of mind and emotions; emotions, thinking, and learning is all linked.” – Eric Jensen
3. “We are dangerous when we are not conscious of our responsibility for how we behave, think, and feel.” – Marshall B. Rosenberg.
4. “When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but with creatures of emotion.” – Dale Carnegie.
5. “When awareness is brought to an emotion, power is brought to your life.” – Tara Meyer Robson
6. “The sign of intelligent people is their ability to control emotions by the application of reason.” —Marya Mannes
7. “Emotional intelligence is your ability to recognize and understand emotions in yourself and others, and your ability to use this awareness to manage your behavior and relationships.” – Travis Bradberry
8. “My message for everyone is the same: that if we can learn to identify, express, and harness our feelings, even the most challenging ones, we can use those emotions to help us create positive, satisfying lives.” – Marc Brackett
9. “Our feeling is not there to be cast out or conquered. They’re there to engage and expressed with imagination and Intelligence.” – T.K Coleman
10. “You do control the thoughts that follow an emotion, and you have a great deal of say in how you react to an emotion—as long as you are aware of it.” ― Travis Bradberry
Thoughtful Quotes on Emotional Awareness
11. “The emotionally intelligent person is skilled in four areas: identifying emotions, using emotions, understanding emotions, and regulating emotions.” – John Mayer And Peter Salovey
12. “We are dangerous when we are not conscious of our responsibility for how we behave, think, and feel.” -— Marshall B. Rosenberg
13. “If your emotional abilities aren’t in hand if you don’t have self-awareness if you are not able to manage your distressing emotions if you can’t have empathy and have effective relationships, then no matter how smart you are, you are not going to get very far.” – Daniel Goleman
14. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
15. “Don’t let people who don’t care about you, manipulate your mind, feelings, and emotions or control how you think about yourself. Never give that much power to someone else.” – Karon Waddell
16. “It is only shallow people who require years to get rid of an emotion. A man who is master of himself can end a sorrow as easily as he can invent a pleasure. I don’t want to be at the mercy of my emotions.” – Oscar Wilde
17. “We are dangerous when we are not conscious of our responsibility for how we behave, think, and feel.” —Marshall B. Rosenberg
18. “Wisdom tends to grow in proportion to one’s awareness of one’s ignorance.” Anthony de Mello
19. “Our identity is very closely associated with our thoughts and feelings. Usually, when we feel anger, we become angry. We are anger itself. When we feel depressed, we are depressed. When we feel greedy we are greed. It’s easy to see ourselves in the emotional ‘guise du jour’ and mistake this costume for who we really are beneath it.” —Marc Gilson
20. “Awareness allows us to get outside of our mind and observe it in action.” – Dan Brule
How is being emotionally aware help you succeed?
Being emotionally aware helps you make the right decision. And when you understand your and others’ emotions, you’ll be able to know how to respond to the situation.
Moreover, emotional awareness allows you to analyze yourself, circumstances and restrict you from reacting unnecessarily.