I’ve gathered the best quotes about work-life balance that personally help me have a balanced life. These work and life balance quotes may also help you maintain a healthy balance between your professional and personal life.
Maintaining work-life balance means equally prioritizing your career and personal life. And it is not easy at all. But both are important, your work and your family, friends and your inner self. So, you must learn to maintain them.
Check out quotes for work-life balance if you want to know how to have a balanced life.
Short Inspirational Work and Life Balance Quotes
- “I have so much admiration for women who are mothers, who balance family and work.” ― Beyoncé
- “Work, love, and play are the great balance of a man’s being.” ― Orison Swett Marden
- “Balance is not something you find, it’s something you create” ― Jana Kingsford
- “Don’t confuse having a career with having a life.” ― Hillary Clinton
- “Better learn balance. Balance is key.” ― Mr. Miyagi
- “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in the life.” ― Confucius
- “There’s no such thing as work-life balance. Somebody made it up.” ― Barbara Corcoran
- “There’s no work-life balance without making decisions and without courage.” ― Michael Hyatt
- “Work / Life Balance can be mastered by setting the right expectations, priorities, and boundaries.”
- “Happiness is not a matter of intensity, but of balance, order, rhythm, and harmony.”— Thomas Merton
- “Work-life balance isn’t about balancing something you love with something you hate.”
- “Making work-life balance a priority involves taking some time to prioritize you and your values.”
- “Balance provides the chance for longevity. You can be a champion at work and at home.” — Tony Dungy
Quotes for work-life balance
- “Invest in your work-life balance. Time with friends and family is as important as times at work. Getting that out of balance is a path toward unhappiness.” ― Stephen Gillett
- “Work-life balance is not an entitlement or benefit. Your company cannot give it to you. You have to create it for yourself.” ― Matthew Kelly
- “It’s All About Quality of Life and Finding a Happy Balance between Work and Friends and Family”― Philip Green
- “There is no such thing as work-life balance. Everything worth fighting for unbalances your life.” ― Alain de Bottom
- “The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life, acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can do that, and live that way, you are really a wise man.” — Euripides
- “Part of keeping work and life in balance is surrounding yourself with people that have similar aspirations.” —Damon Dash
- “Balance is a feeling derived from being whole and complete; it’s a sense of harmony. It is essential to maintaining quality in life and work.”— Joshua Osenga
- “The challenge of Work-Life Balance is without question one of the Significant Struggles Faced by Modern Man”― Stephen Covey
- “A true balance between work and life comes with knowing that your life activities are integrated, not separated.” ― Michael Thomas Sunnarborg (Source)
- “Self-care is, fundamentally, about bringing balance back to a life that has grown imbalanced from too many commitments or responsibilities.” – Robyn L. Gobin
Inspiring Quotes About Work-Life Balance for a Better Life
- “Remember that work and life coexist. Wellness at work follows you home and vice-versa. The same goes for when you’re not well, fuelled, or fulfilled. Work and life aren’t opposing forces to balance; they go hand-in-hand and are intertwined as different elements of the same person: you.” ― Melissa Steginus
- “We have overstretched our personal boundaries and forgotten that true happiness comes from living an authentic life fueled with a sense of purpose and balance. ― Kathleen Hall
- “Balance is not better time management, but better boundary management. Balance means making choices and enjoying those choices.” ― Betsy Jacobson
- “The hardest thing to find in life is balance, especially, the more success you have, the more you look to the other side of the gate.” — Celine Dion
- “The answer to finding better work/life balance is to find the right blend between all our life activities—regardless of where and when they occur.” ― Michael Thomas Sunnarborg
- “Balance, peace, and joy are the fruit of a successful life. It starts with recognizing your talents and finding ways to serve others by using them.”— Thomas Kinkade
- “I believe that being successful means having a balance of success stories across the many areas of your life. You can’t truly be considered successful in your business life if your home life is in shambles.”— Zig Ziglar
- “If you’re worried about life-work balance, something is probably wrong with your life or your work. Instead of agonizing overbalance, get excited and create change.” ― Chris Guillebeau
- “Maintaining a healthy work-life balance is important and can help improve our lives in ways we could only imagine. Constant stress and pressure will inevitably lead to burnout that could risk our mental health it may also affect our productivity and work performance.” ― Birch Grove Mental Health
- “One of the major issues plaguing human potential in the corporate world today is work-life balance. The term itself diminishes our ability to make the case that work can be a richly rewarding part of a person’s life and should in many ways be personal.” ― Matthew Kelly
Quotes that Motivates you Live Your Working Life and Personal Life
- “There’s no such thing as work-life balance. There are work-life choices, and you make them, and they have consequences.” ― Jack Welch
- “There’s no life-work balance. I think you have to have the discipline to have the life you want to have. And if you are stealing from one part of your life in order to make the other part work, you are going to pay for it.” ― Seth Godin
- “The phrase “work-life balance,” tells us that people think that work is the opposite of life. We should be talking about life-life balance.” ― Patrick Dixon
- “It’s a paradox. How does one balance living in the now with preparing responsibly for the future? The key to this dilemma lies in the distinction between ‘worrying about the future and ‘preparing for the future.’ The two concepts are not at all the same.” – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
- “The gift of balance in your life – May you find the balance of life, time for work but also time for play. Too much of one thing ends up creating stress that no one needs in their life.” ― Catherine Pulsifer
- “When you have balance in your life, work becomes an entirely different experience. There is a passion that moves you to a whole new level of fulfillment and gratitude, and that’s when you can do your best…for yourself and for others.” — Cara Delevingne
- “Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling some five balls in the air. You name them—work, family, health, friends, and spirit and you’re keeping all of these in the air. You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. But the other four balls are made of glass. If you drop one of these, they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged, and even shattered. They will never be the same. You must understand that and strive for balance in your life.”— Brian Dyson
Motivational Quotes on Healthy Work and Life Balance
- “Getting in balance is not so much about adopting new strategies to change your behaviors, as it is about realigning yourself in all of your thoughts so as to create a balance between what you desire and how you conduct your life on a daily basis.”— Wayne Dyer
- “When you have balance in your life, work becomes an entirely different experience. There is a passion that moves you to a whole new level of fulfillment and gratitude, and that’s when you can do your best, for yourself and for others.”— Cara Delevingne
- “When I think about work-life balance, I don’t imagine it as a perfect day where I got to spend the exact right amount of time having an impact at work and snuggling with my kids at home. I never achieve that. But over the course of a month, or a quarter, or a year, I try to make time for the people and experiences I value.” ― Jane Park
- “I think taking vacations and turning off the phone and only doing emails or social media for a specific short amount of time helps with work/life balance. If I’m checking it all day I start to feel cuckoo-bird. So I just do it once or twice a day instead of a thousand. And then remembering that it doesn’t matter. It just doesn’t matter.” ― Maria Bamford
- “I think feeling truly balanced in our lives is less about what we do externally, and more about developing trust from within – self-trust. It’s one of the most challenging skills to develop because it requires us to reflect on where we currently don’t trust ourselves.” ― Karen Williams
- “I believe a balanced life is essential, and I try to make sure that all of our employees know that and live that way. It’s crucial to me as a manager that I help ensure that our employees are as successful as our customers and partners. I also think that employees these days expect less of a separation of work and personal life. That doesn’t mean that work tasks should encroach upon our personal time, but it does mean that employees today expect more from companies for whom they work. Why shouldn’t your workplace reflect your values?” ― Marc Benioff
- “Work-life balance is very individualized. I also feel that striving to achieve a “perfect” ratio of work and non-work is a bit of a trap. It’s something you have to experiment with and over time you learn what recharges you, what drains you, what’s neutral, and how much of each you do to find your own balance.” ― Sherry Holub
- “Work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. The other four balls– family, health, friends, and integrity– are made of glass. If you drop one of these, it will be irrevocably scuffed, nicked, perhaps even shattered.” ― Gary Keller (source: GoodReads)
Enjoy Some Funny Quotes about Work-Life Balance
- “So there’s no such thing as work-life balance. There’s work, and there’s life, and there’s no balance.” ― Sheryl Sandberg
- “I have the feeling that in a balanced life one should die penniless. The trick is dismantling.” ― Barbara de Angelis
- “To have someone who never makes a mistake, never finds her personal life in disarray, never worries about work-life balance? I think that would be unreal.” ― Sophie Kinsella
- “No one on his deathbed ever said, ‘I wish I had spent more time at the office.”– Paul Tsongas
- “Hoping for a better work/life balance is like waiting for an aeroplane at the dockyard.”
How to Balance Professional Life and Personal Life?
Here are tips that can help you maintain a balance between work and life – according to the Forbes
- Stay on top of your schedule
- Know the schedules of those around you.
- Analyze your time.
- Think about more than just time.
- Don’t let one creep too far into the other.
- Find a calendar app that keeps track of how you spend your time; after a couple of weeks, set aside a few moments to look at the results. Make sure your schedule’s not being overrun by trivial tasks. If you’re spending too much time on work each week, see where you can cut back to focus more on your personal priorities.
I hope you enjoy the above work-life balance quotes, and I’m hoping you’ll try to maintain both your work and personal life.