The holiday is the need of every person because if there’s no holiday there’s no happiness. That’s why a famous spiritual monk The Dalai Lama said: “Once a year, go somewhere you’ve never been before.” In this post, I’ve collected the best holiday and vacation quotes, sayings, wishes, greetings and messages.
Best Holiday Quotes
1. “The Joy of brightening other lives, bearing each others’ burdens, easing each other’s loads and supplanting empty hearts and lives with generous gifts becomes for us the magic of the holidays.” – W. C. Jones
2. “A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in.”—Robert Orben
3. “Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.” – Hamilton Wright Mabie
4. “Happiness consists of living each day as if it were the first day of your honeymoon and the last day of your vacation.”—Leo Tolstoy
5. “Take a vacation so long, you forget all of your passwords.”— Unknown
6. “The journey, not the arrival, matters.”—T.S. Eliot
7. “Once a year, go somewhere you’ve never been before.”—The Dalai Lama
8. “There should be sympathy cards for having to go back to work after the holidays.”—Unknown
Best Vacation Quotes and Sayings
9. “Take vacations, go as many places as you can, you can always make money, you can’t awake to make memories.”
10. “A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking.” – Earl Wilson
11. “The vacation we often need is freedom from our own mind.” –Jack Adam Weber
12. A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in.” – Robert Orben
13. “No man needs a vacation so much as the man who has just had one.”—Elbert Hubbard
14. “The average vacation is one-tenth playing—nine-tenths paying.” -Arnold Glasow
15. “I hope your vacation gives you the pleasure you need so that you don’t have to think of any problems back at home. Enjoy your vacation.”
16. “Isn’t it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?”—Zig Ziglar
Holiday Quotes Of The Day
17. “Take a break and chill because this is the time of the year to rejoice, celebrate and also feel rewarded.”
18. “May your walls know joy, may every room hold laughter, and every window open to great possibility.” — Mary Anne Radmacher
19. Good news from heaven the angels bring. Glad tidings to the earth they sing: To us this day a child is given. To crown us with the joy of heaven. – Martin Luther.
20. The long-awaited holidays are finally here. Fun and joy are waiting there. May you have a blissful holiday season!
21. “Cherish every moment with those you love at every stage of your journey.”—Jack Layton
22. Happy holiday! May you spend this day with peace, love and joy that your heart could ever desire to have.
23. “Make your vocation your vacation. That is the secret to success.” – Mark Twain
Holiday and Vacation Quotes For Family
24. “Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.”- Edith Sitwell
25. “The holiday season is a perfect time to reflect on our blessings and seek out ways to make life better for those around us.” – Holiday Quotes
26. “Holidays – any holiday – are such a great opportunity to focus on bringing the family together.” – Lidia Bastianich
27. “I find that it’s the simple things that remind you of family around the holidays.” – Amy Adams
28. “I can’t wait to celebrate the holidays with all of my family.”
29. Winter, a lingering season, is a time to gather golden moments. Embark upon a sentimental journey, and enjoy every idle hour. – John Boswell
Inspirational Holiday Messages Quotes
30. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. The holiday is something like that, wishing you a happy holiday.” – Helen Keller
31. “A holiday is an opportunity to journey within. It is also a chance to chill, to relax. It is when I switch on my rest mode.” – Prabhas
32. Sharing the holiday with other people, and feeling that you’re giving of yourself, gets you past all the commercialism.” – Caroline Kennedy
33. One of the real happiness of this season is the opportunity to thank the people you love and wish the best on everyone on this season.
34. May the holiday be your best family holiday ever! May you have so much fun and never get tired ever. Here’s wishing you a fun filled holiday celebration.
35. Lots of amazing gifts are being shared during holiday. But the gift of knowing and loving you is truly a pleasure, which I considered the best holiday gift for me.
Holiday Encouragement Quotes and Sayings
36. “Happiness consists of living each day as if it were the first day of your honeymoon and the last day of your vacation.”—Leo Tolstoy
37. “As we struggle with shopping lists and invitations, compounded by December’s bad weather, it is good to be reminded that there are people in our lives who are worth this aggravation, and people to whom we are worth the same.” — Donald E. Westlake
38. “Once a year, go somewhere you’ve never been before.”—The Dalai Lama
39. “It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal and that every path may lead to peace.” — Agnes M. Pharo
40. “Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are.” – Marianne Williamson
41. “May your walls know joy, may every room hold laughter, and every window open to great possibility.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
42. “The purpose and cause of the incarnation was that He might illuminate the world by His wisdom and excite it to the love of Himself.”-Peter Abelard
Holiday Positive Quotes
43. “There’s something about a holiday that isn’t all about how much money you spend.” – Hilarie Burton
44. “Happiness is there for the taking, and the making.” — Oprah Winfrey
45. “Everything is just better during the holidays.” – Unknown
46. “Small cheer and great welcome makes a merry feast.” – William Shakespeare
47. As this holiday season begins to pile up with a new day of joy, may you find the fulfillment of your new endeavor! Best wishes to you in everything that you plan to do.
48. On this moment of the year, we are so proud and happy about your achievements. May the envelope of peace, abundance and happiness fill you this Christmas season and in the coming days.
Also Read: 120 Famous Quotes About Freedom & Liberty
Holiday Quotes That Lights Your Vacation
49. “The holiest of holidays are those kept by ourselves in silence and apart; The secret anniversaries of the heart.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
50. “For me, I think everybody with half a heart tries to do their best to do their part of good during the holiday season.” – Darren Criss
51. “Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.” — Laura Ingalls Wilder
52. “The joy of brightening other lives, bearing each others’ burdens, easing others’ loads and supplanting empty hearts and lives with generous gifts becomes for us the magic of the holidays.” – W. C. Jones
53. The wonderful gift of the joy of family and friendship surpasses each and every exciting wishes of this holiday season. May you celebrate this special day in the company of the people you dearly love!
Holiday Life Quotes
54. “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.”—F. Scott Fitzgerald
55. “Take a vacation so long, you forget all of your passwords.”— Unknown
56. Holiday is a perfect way to escape from the hectic schedule of life and beyond. Here’s wishing you a very happy holiday, go on and enjoy life!
57. The only sad thing about a holiday is that, After every holiday, there is a non-holiday!
But till you are on a holiday, Enjoy it to the fullest.
Funny Holiday Quotes
58. “Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall.” – Larry Wilde
59. “There are three stages of man: he believes in Santa Claus; he does not believe in Santa Claus; he is Santa Claus.” – Bob Phillips
60. “Don’t bother me I’m on vacation.”
61. “Just a reminder that I’m going on vacation and you’re not.”
62. “Laughter is an instant vacation.” – Milton Berle
63. “Vacation calories don’t count.”
64. “My goal is to hit the gym every day I’m on vacation. Usually, I just end up sleeping and drinking beer.” – Gary Allan
65. This is all I have to share with you, Now chose your best holiday quotes, sayings, wishes and messages and share with your friends. And also write your best holiday quote in the comment section.
I’m Murshid Akram, a introvert who love reading and sharing positive vibes through quotes and sayings. I believe with love and compassion we can make this world a better place.