Being mindfulness means being aware of what is happening to you and around. Accepting reality and staying calm in all situations and being thankful for everything whether that is positive or negative. I’ve collected a bunch of motivational and inspiring quotes and sayings about mindfulness. Mindfulness quotes for life, student, teacher, coach etc.
The quotes below on mindfulness will surely inspire you and help you accept your life and stop you from being critical or judgmental. Gaining inspiration from the mindfulness quotes will increase your confidence about you and help you deal with any situation.
Inspiring Quotes About Mindfulness
1. “Everything is created twice, first in the mind and then in reality.” – Robin S. Sharma
2. “Be happy at the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.” – Mother Teresa
3. “Wisdom says we are nothing. Love says we are everything. Between these two our life flows.”– Jack Kornfield
4. “Things falling apart is a kind of testing and also a kind of healing.”– Pema Chodron
5. “The mind is everything. What you think you become.” – Buddha
6. “The ability to observe without evaluating is the highest form of intelligence.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
7. “The most precious gift we can offer others is our presence. When mindfulness embraces those we love, they will bloom like flowers.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
8. “In today’s rush, we all think too much–seek too much–want too much–and forget about the joy of just being.” – Eckhart Tolle
9. “If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite.” – William Blake
10. “Few of us ever live in the present. We are forever anticipating what is to come or remembering what has gone.” – Louis L’Amour
11. “The real question is not whether life exists after death. The real question is whether you are alive before death.” – Osho
12. “With mindfulness, you can establish yourself in the present in order to touch the wonders of life that are available at that moment.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
13. “Give your attention to the experience of seeing rather than to the object seen and you will find yourself everywhere.” – Rupert Spira
14. “Suffering usually relates to wanting things to be different than they are.” – Allan Lokos
15. “Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” – Victor Frankl
Short Mindfulness Quotes
16. “Paradise is not a place; it’s a state of consciousness.” – Sri Chinmoy
17. “Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.” – Buddha
18. “Observe the space between your thoughts, then observe the observer.” – Hamilton Boudreaux
19. “The future is always beginning now.” – Mark Strand
20. “Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it.” – Eckhart Tolle
21. “Let go of your mind and then be mindful. Close your ears and listen!”– Rumi
22. “With meditation, you begin to relax in your seat and just watch the movie of life.” – Ken Wilber
23. “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.” – Buddha
24. “To understand the immeasurable, the mind must be extraordinarily quiet, still.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
25. “Looking at beauty in the world is the first step of purifying the mind.”– Amit Ray
26. “He who has freed himself of the disease of ‘tomorrow’ has a chance to attain what he came here for.” – G.I. Gurdjieff
27. “One who is patient glows with an inner radiance.”– Allan Lokos
28. “Watch, witness. Your body is not you; your mind is not you. You are just a pure witness.” – Osho
29. “When we get too caught up in the busyness of the world, we lose connection with one another – and ourselves.”– Jack Kornfield
30. “Don’t believe everything you think. Thoughts are just that – thoughts.”– Allan Lokos
Motivational Quotes on Mindfulness
31. “Look at other people and ask yourself if you are really seeing them or just your thoughts about them.”– Jon Kabat-Zinn
32. “Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
33. “Look at other people and ask yourself if you are really seeing them or just your thoughts about them.”– Jon Kabat-Zinn
34. “When I’m hungry, I eat what I love, When I’m bored, I do something I love, When I’m lonely, I connect with someone I love, When I feel sad, I remember that I am loved.”– Michelle May
35. “Believe me, all of you, the best way to help the places we live in is to be glad we live there.”– Edith Wharton
36. “Life is not lost by dying; life is lost minute by minute, day by dragging day, in all the small uncaring ways.”– Stephen Vincent Benet
37. “The things that matter most in our lives are not fantastic or grand. They are moments when we touch one another.”– Jack Kornfield
38. “The way to live in the present is to remember that ‘This too shall pass.’ When you experience joy, remembering that ‘This too shall pass’ helps you savor the here and now. When you experience pain and sorrow, remembering that ‘This too shall pass’ reminds you that grief, like joy, is only temporary.”– Joey Green
39. “Look past your thoughts, so you may drink the pure nectar of This Moment.” – Rumi
40. “Each place is the right place–the place where I now am can be a sacred space.”– Ravi Ravindra
Mindfulness Quotes About Meditation
41. Mindful Meditation is a bit more formal than simple “mindful thinking”.
42. Mindful meditation is where you sit down, get comfortable, pay deep attention to your breathing and let your mind wander, applying mindfulness and deep thinking to many aspects of your life.
43. You can find out more about how to practice mindful meditation, and many other tools for daily mindful living by checking out this book: 10 Minute Mindfulness, that gives you a complete rundown on how to increase mindfulness in your life with limited free time.
44. “Meditation is essentially training our attention so that we can be more aware— not only of our own inner workings but also of what’s happening around us in the here & now.”– Sharon Salzberg
45. “Meditation practice isn’t about trying to throw ourselves away and become something better. It’s about befriending who we are already.”– Pema Chödrön
46. “Every time we become aware of a thought, as opposed to being lost in a thought, we experience that opening of the mind.”– Joseph Goldstein
47. “Essentially, meditation allows us to live in ways that are less automatic. This necessarily means less time spent worrying, ruminating, and trying to control things we can’t control. It means we become less vulnerable to the throes of the fear-driven, older parts of our brains, and freer to use our newer and more sophisticated mental abilities: patience, compassion, acceptance and reason.”– David Cain
Mindfulness Quotes For Daily Motivation
48. Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.– Thich Nhat Hanh
49. “Use every distraction as an object of meditation and they cease to be distractions.”– Mingyur Rinpoche
50. “The mind is just like a muscle – the more you exercise it, the stronger it gets and the more it can expand.”– Idowu Koyenikan
51. “Concentration is a cornerstone of mindfulness practice. Your mindfulness will only be as robust as the capacity of your mind to be calm and stable. Without calmness, the mirror of mindfulness will have an agitated and choppy surface and will not be able to reflect things with any accuracy.”– Jon Kabat-Zinn
52. Life is a dance. Mindfulness is witnessing that dance.– Amit Ray
53. “We might begin by scanning our body . . . and then asking, “What is happening?” We might also ask, “What wants my attention right now?” or, “What is asking for acceptance?”– Tara Brach
54. “Altogether, the idea of meditation is not to create states of ecstasy or absorption, but to experience being.”– Chögyam Trungpa
55. “Meditate … do not delay, lest you later regret it.”– Buddha
Mindfulness Quotes for Work
56. When you think about it mindfulness quotes for work almost seem to be counterintuitive. Mindfulness means doing things slowly and carefully. Mindfulness is about having the whole picture and understanding everything that is going.
57. On the other hand, being successful at work seems to be about how much you can accomplish. How productive you are. How well you manage time.
58. These things may not seem to go with the work slowly and enjoy the process philosophy that most mindfulness quotes advocate.
59. There is a difference, and work may not always be the best place to practice mindfulness if you are just getting started, but as you become more skilled, your mindfulness, will help to give you a bigger picture of the process of your work, thereby helping you to be more efficient and speeding you up rather than slowing you down. It just takes time.
60. Enjoy some of these mindfulness & work quotes from some of the best mindful minds around.
61. “I believe in not trying to control things that are out of my control or none of my business.”– Tobe Hanson
62. “The basic root of happiness lies in our minds; outer circumstances are nothing more than adverse or favorable.”– Matthieu Ricard
Buddha Quotes On Being Mindful
63. “Wherever you are, be there totally.”– Eckhart Tolle
64. “If you concentrate on finding whatever is good in every situation, you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the soul.” – Rabbi Harold Kushner
65. “If you clean the floor with love, you have given the world an invisible painting.”– Osho
66. “Mindfulness means being awake. It means knowing what you are doing.”– Jon Kabat-Zinn
67. “Do not ruin today with mourning tomorrow.” – Catherynne M. Valente
68. “Everything that has a beginning has an ending. Make your peace with that and all will be well.”– Jack Kornfield
69. “Flow with whatever may happen and let your mind be free: Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate.”– Chuang
Inspiring Quotes About Being Mindful
70. “Life is better when we don’t try to do everything. Learn to enjoy the slice of life you experience, and life turns out to be wonderful.”– Leo Babauta
71. Mindful Quotes for Learning (Teachers & Students)
Mindfulness is a lifelong process. One does not simply decide to be mindful and do it perfectly the next day. It is a skill that may take a lifetime to master.
72. However, the good news is that there are many pinnacles along the way that will help to improve your life. You do not need to be a Tibetan monk like Thích Nhất Hạnh to improve your life by using mindfulness. These are skills that apply to help many of us lead a better and more fulfilling lives.
73. A big part of mindfulness is being self-aware and having a clear understanding of your own strengths and weakness. The more self-aware you are, the easier it is to be mindful, and vice versa, the more mindful you become, the easier it is to be brutally self-aware.
74. People who are learning mindfulness will also therefore also want to spend some time on learning about self-awareness. Many of the processes between building self-awareness and building mindfulness are exactly the same, due to the fact that these concepts are so tightly knit.
75. If you are interested in mindfulness, therefore, I strongly recommend that you practice some of these 33 self-awareness activities. These exercises will help improve your mindfulness while also working on your self-awareness.
76. For now let’s look at some of the great mindfulness quotes from teacher to student in the realm of mindful thinking. Included in these mindfulness quotes are also realizations from students as they begin to grasp some of the greater concepts of mindfulness.
77. “Every moment is an eminently suitable moment for unlimited profundity–if you allow it to be so.” – Adi Da Samraj
78. “In today’s rush, we all think too much — seek too much — want too much — and forget about the joy of just being.”– Eckhart Tolle
79. “Wanting to reform the world without discovering one’s true self is like trying to cover the world with leather to avoid the pain of walking on stones and thorns. It is much simpler to wear shoes.”– Ramana Maharshi
80. “All that is necessary to awaken to yourself as the radiant emptiness of spirit is to stop seeking something different, and to turn your attention inward to the awake silence that you are.” – Adyashanti
81. “In this moment, there is plenty of time, in this moment, you are precise as you should be. At this moment, there is infinite possibility.”– Victoria Moran
Quotes On Mindfulness For Life
82. “Training your mind to be in the present moment is the #1 key to making healthier choices.”– Susan Albers
83. “The best way to capture moments is to pay attention. This is how we cultivate mindfulness.”– Jon Kabat-Zinn
84. “Observe the space between your thoughts, then observe the observer.”– Hamilton Boudreaux
85. “Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.” – Carl Jung
86. “Being mindful means that we suspend judgment for a time, set aside our immediate goals for the future, and take in the present moment as it is rather than as we would like it to be.”– Mark Williams
87. “Knowledge does not mean mastering a great quantity of different information, but understanding the nature of mind. This knowledge can penetrate each one of our thoughts and illuminate each one of our perceptions.”– Matthieu Ricard
88. “Until you realize how easily it is for your mind to be manipulated, you remain the puppet of someone else’s game.” – Evita Ochel
89. “As the witnessing presence of Awareness, we stand in the background of experience; as the light of pure Knowing, we stand at its heart.” – Rupert Spira
90. “Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
91. “It’s only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth – and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up – that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had.”– Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
Mindfulness Quotes For Coaches, Leaders And Teachers
92. “You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”– Jon Kabat-Zinn
Mindfulness means being awake. It means knowing what you are doing.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
93. “Today, like every other day, we wake up empty and frightened. Don’t open the door to the study and begin reading. Takedown a musical instrument.” – Rumi
Mindful Quotes About Eating & Drinking
94. Mindful eating is one of the clearest ways to see how the practice of mindfulness can help us physically.
95. Many people struggle with their eating habits. Even though they understand the theory behind proper portion sizes, it can be hard to keep it up from meal to meal. They rush eating, often not feeling full or fulfilled and possibly consuming quite a bit more than they anticipated or realize. This can lead to snacking and other poor food choices.
96. Mindful eating, however, makes a process out of eating, and eating properly. You do it slowly which helps with both digestion and satiation. The slow speed of food consumption and the nature of mindful eating also gives you enjoyment of the food, making it much less likely to feel the need to snack or overeat.
97. The concept of mindful eating is simple. Thích Nhất Hạnh said it best in his mindful eating quote, “Mindful eating means simply eating or drinking while being aware of each bite or sip.”
98. However, the health benefits far outweigh the simplicity of this ideal. Eating proper portion sizes in this manner is simply the best way to maintain healthy weight and diet.
99. Simply add the concepts of mindful eating with the idea of measuring out your food portions using some of the following tools:
100. Without further ado. Let’s look at the final section of mindfulness quotes – mindful eating quotes.
101. “Mindful eating is a way to become reacquainted with the guidance of our internal nutritionist.”– Jan Chozen Bays
102. “Mindful eating is a way to become reacquainted with the guidance of our internal nutritionist.”– Jan Chozen Bays
103. “The path to a healthy body and happy soul is based upon self-study, mindfulness, love, and awareness.”– unknown
104. “Understanding our relationship to eating cultivates a lot of insights and help us start living our highest potential.”– Natasa Pantovic
105. “Instead of thinking of food as the enemy, allow yourself to enjoy the process of planning and preparing meals or going out to lunch with a friend. Stay in the present moment and understand that the purpose of food is nourishment.”– Susan Albers
106. “Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the world earth revolves – slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future; live the actual moment. Only this moment is life.”– Thich Nhat Hanh
107. “Training your mind to be in the present moment is the #1 key to making healthier choices.”– Susan Albers
108. “Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” – Victor Frankl
109. “Every moment nature is serving fresh dishes with the items of happiness. It is our choice to recognize and taste it.”– Amit Ray
110. “When you bow, you should just bow, when you sit, you should just sit; when you eat, you should just eat.”– Shunryu Suzuki
111. “Tea is an act complete in its simplicity. When I drink tea, there is only me and tea. The rest of the world dissolves.”– Thích Nhất Hạnh